Friday, March 18, 2016

Yucatan 6...generations...

Yucatan 6...generations....

On the team, there were 6 generational groups...one day I sat with a 13 year old girl and asked how she came along..."when we turn 13, my grandmother takes us on a mission trip and I could hardly wait to come"....whoa, what a concept...passing the torch of being involved and giving.... 

There were two mother/daughter teams, two grandparent/grandchild teams and two families with children from 8-20's....working, playing and serving together ....

It took me back years to lessons I learned...my grandmother gave to missionaries in Alaska (that I know of), my parents gave to missionaries in Nicaragua...I heard of those as I grew up..we visited the Alaska one when I was in my teens...as our children grew, we entertained missionaries in our home, and supported  ones, we attended various missionary presentations as well over the years...then our oldest son wanted to go on a short term mission, followed by his sisters, while  our youngest did camp counseling...then my husband went to show the Jesus film twenty years ago, we went as a couple to teach English for two weeks in Asia, he went again to help with VBS, one daughter went with her family as missionaries for five years, the other daughter led and helped two teams various places, each serving in churches from giving to security, from encouraging others to discipleship, from makeup for fundraising to giving wood, from preaching to babysitting----service to others ....now our oldest grandson has gone on one summer mission and as I write this blog, two more are leaving for Mexico to build houses...passing the baton yet again....

All of my children and their spouses have given in time, resources, themselves  in some way to serve in the furthering of the Gospel of Christ...it warms my heart beyond imagination to see each serving in some way the God in whom we have put our trust...in whom they have put their trust...this trust has become their own...not mine or their ancestors ...their own ....
And I pray that it continues in for generations until Jesus returns...not for my sake, or their own, but for the glory of God...and to win more into the kingdom .... 

Thank YOU for generations, for the impact they make over the years, that we continue in Your path, not walking away, but walking with You to Your glory...and that these other families continue as well...serving in some way In your  kingdom...You are our blessing...

Deuteronomy 6:1-2 These are the commands, decrees and laws the Lord your God directed me to teach you to observe in the land that you are crossing the Jordan to possess, so that you, your children and their children after them may fear the Lord your God as long as you live by keeping all his decrees and commands that I give you, and so that you may enjoy long life. 

Deuteronomy 32:7 Remember the days of old; consider the generations long past. Ask your father and he will tell you, your elders, and they will explain to you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment