Thursday, March 3, 2016

Wander....

Wandering....


1.
to ramble without a definite purpose orobjective; roam, rove, or stray:
to wander over the earth.
2.
to go aimlessly, indirectly, or casually;meander:
The river wanders among the rocks.
3.
to extend in an irregular course or direction:
Foothills wandered off to the south.
4.
to move, pass, or turn idly, as the hand or the eyes.
5.
(of the mind, thoughts, desires, etc.) to takeone direction or another without conscious intent or control:
His attention wandered as the speaker droned on.
6.
to stray from a path, place, companions,etc.:
During the storm the ship wandered from its course.
7.
to deviate in conduct, belief, etc.; err; go astray:
Let me not wander from ThyCommandments.


Our Bible study is just starting a study of Hosea, by Jennifer Rothschild...
I have to admit that each time I read it, I am brought to tears, like reading Jeremiah or Lamentations.  They have always struck me the same way...and this year of elections, even more so...

Isaiah 53:6 We all, like sheep, have gone astray,each of us has turned to our own way;and the Lord has laid on himthe iniquity of us all. 

I am Gomer, I am Israel...prone to wander...but God has bought me with His unfailing love, His Son  paid the price..God paid the bride price...

Hosea 2:19-20 I will betroth you to me forever; I will betroth you in righteousness and justice, in love and compassion. I will betroth you in faithfulness,and you will acknowledge the Lord. 

Not only me...but our nation. We have broken His commandments like Israel...we were supposed to be founded on God's word...

Hosea 4:1-2 Hear the word of the Lord, you Israelites,
because the Lord has a charge to bring against you who live in the land:“There is no faithfulness, no love, no acknowledgment of God in the land. There is only cursing, lying and murder, stealing and adultery; they break all bounds, and bloodshed follows bloodshed. 

Right down the line, the Ten Commandments and the new Commandment that Jesus gave us...
-no faithfulness 
-no love
-little acknowledgment that God is in the land
-cursing 
-lying
-murder
-stealing
-adultery

So back to wandering....Lord help me, us to find the right path...not to wander ....not to deviate, not to go astray...but help me to follow You..to follow Your Word, to listen to Your voice calling me, to be humble before you that you would heal my heart, heal our land...

Hosea 14:9 Who is wise? Let them realize these things.Who is discerning? Let them understand.
The ways of the Lord are right; the righteous walk in them,
but the rebellious stumble in them. 




No comments:

Post a Comment