Sunday, July 12, 2015

Into the garden....


Into the garden...


  •  

There is an old song,,," in the garden" which was sung over the years, a favorite of many...a slow peaceful song...


I was reminded of this song as I wandered through a lavender garden, buzzing with bees, fragrant with the varying scents of lavender, colorful with the different hues of lavender....to be followed by a trip to a colorful nursery looking for deer resistant flowers...blooming profusely in a giant patchwork of colors, shapes and variety...

I wake up each morning under a blanket of Monet's garden, covered with flowers and colors of all kinds..."my morning garden"...

I am alone in my gardens for the most part..trying to listen to God's voice...He does speak to my heart through His Word, His quietness, His love, His reminders of others...the written or spoken word of others....the beauty and intricacy of His creations...

Adam and Eve had the privilege of walking in the garden with Him, in fellowship....Jesus spent time in the garden in prayer...and He continues to meet us there...as well as anywhere else..for the communion of love....Jesus prayed for us in the garden...he was laid in a garden tomb....He talked of people as part of a garden with pruning and trimming...

Thank YOU...for the quietness of gardens to walk with You and talk with You...learning of You...

John 14-18

Genesis 3:8 Genesis 2:15-16 Then the man and his wife heard the sound of the Lord God as he was walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and they hid from the Lord God among the trees of the garden. 
The Lord God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it. 
And the Lord God commanded the man, “You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; 




In the Garden
 
I come to the garden alone,
While the dew is still on the roses,
And the voice I hear falling on my ear, 
The Son of God discloses . . .
 
And He walks with me, and He talks with me, 
And He tells me I am His own, 
And the joy we share as we tarry there, 
None other, has ever, known!
 
He speaks and the sound of His voice, 
Is so sweet the birds hush their singing, 
And the melody that he gave to me, 
Within my heart is ringing . . .
 
And He walks with me, and He talks with me, 
And He tells me I am His own, 
And the joy we share as we tarry there, 
None other, has ever, known!
 
And the joy we share as we tarry there, 
None other, has ever, known!
 
Words and Music by C. Austin Miles , 1912
Arranged by Ray Charles




In the Garden (1912 song)

For the Van Morrison song, see In the Garden (Van Morrison song).
"In the Garden" (sometimes rendered by its first line "I Come to the Garden Alone"[citation needed]) is a gospel song written by American songwriter C. Austin Miles (1868–1946), a former pharmacist who served as editor and manager at Hall-Mack publishers for 37 years. According to Miles' great-granddaughter, the song was written "in a cold, dreary and leaky basement in New Jersey that didn't even have a window in it let alone a view of a garden."[1] The song was first published in 1912 and popularized during the Billy Sundayevangelistic campaigns of the early twentieth century by two members of his staff, Homer Rodeheaver and Virginia Asher.
Roy Rogers and Dale Evans recorded the song with vocal quartet and orchestra on March 3, 1950.[2] Tennessee Ernie Ford performed the song on his 1956 platinum album Hymns. A June 18, 1958 recording by Perry Como was part of his album When You Come to the End of the Day.[3] It is also used in juxtaposition to "Blue Tail Fly" near the beginning of the Merchant Ivory film The Ballad of the Sad Cafe. The book of poetry Tea by D. A. Powell also refers to the song. Doris Day recorded the song on her 1962 album You'll Never Walk AloneElvis Presley recorded the song on his gospel album How Great Thou Art (1967). Willie Nelson recorded the song on his 1976 gospel album The Troublemaker.[4] The gospel song is sung in the closing scene of the film Places in the Heart (1984) and by Ronee Blakley in the Robert Altman film Nashville (1975).

No comments:

Post a Comment