Monday, July 27, 2015

Comfort zones....

Comfort zones....

"At one of the church services I went to yesterday , the comment was made that when we are going In faith, we are forced to stay close to God...so true in many facets of life...
God asked Abraham to leave his comfort zone and head out into a new land, new adventures and that is what we have all been faced with these last few years.
It wasn't easy, it was disruptive, it was risky, it was challenging, and he made mistakes, but God blessed ...and He was always with him....just as He is with all of us...we may not know the paths he is leading, but He is there...and increases our faith through the painful times as well as the wonderous times...and that is a blessing, not the monetary, but Himself with us..." Note to my kids this a.m.


I hadn't really thought of widowhood as a " called out journey". I knew it was a new path, a new way of life, a new chapter... but not this other title...

I was comfortable married, I loved the "land" that I lived in...and really wasn't ready for a change of any kind..even though I asked what my ministry was after children had left, parents taken care of...I wanted a "comfortable" ministry...

But Abraham and Sarah were called into something new in their old age...not when they young and full of energy...a twenty or thirty year old ....
Calling isn't age related...nor are new journeys in life...just different..,maybe just as challenging, just as risky, and maybe painful...I/we need to stay open to those changes, those new journeys, and most of all stay faithful...

thank YOU for your calling on each of our lives...the challenges we meet, You are with us all the way to the new land You have promised...

Deuteronomy 10:18a, 20-21He defends the cause of the fatherless and the widow, .....giving them food and clothing. Fear the Lord your God and serve him. Hold fast to him and take your oaths in his name. He is the one you praise; he is your God, who performed for you those great and awesome wonders you saw with your own eyes. 

Psalm 68:5 A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows,is God in his holy dwelling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment