Saturday, August 1, 2026

Rescue mission….

 Rescue mission….


Yesterday I had the privilege of having tea with a representative of a rescue mission here in the northwest…Our family has had friends in the rescue missions for over 50 years, at least in the administrative part…one year we got to serve Christmas dinner…amazing…


Statistics for  this one..

Meals served in a year…263,654

Nights of care…70,135

Plus  educational service,  sobriety care, mothers and children’s care…and a whole lot more…


We have at least four in this valley that I know of, and there are probably more…selflessly serving…in God’s name…sometimes overlooked and always overworked…..


It makes me think of the statue outside the Capernaum gate,  of a person lying on a bench covered with his cloak…the sign saying something like, “and He has nowhere to lay his head”.


Matthew 25:35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’


Jeremiah 19:7 The poor are shunned by all their relatives—
    how much more do their friends avoid them!
Though the poor pursue them with pleading,
    they are nowhere to be found.


Thank YOU…


For the least of these…


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyIN5QjTyRs



No comments:

Post a Comment