Sunday, August 23, 2026

  By air, by sea, by land…trip 3….


About three weeks ago, I begged/asked one of my daughters if I could attend one of the weddings they had scheduled this summer.   I was getting cabin fever from the summer heat and smoke we were experiencing…we couldn’t go out because the smoke was so bad and the heat so high day after day…


I know that sounds flimsy, but it is true…and I appreciate the firefighters who have and are working so diligently through this summer with so many fires…


Anyway, back to the wedding…it is in Port Angeles, Washington…sea breezes…fresh sea air, out of the house, cooler,blue sky-maybe…and so here I am…for three days…a break…


First, fly to Seattle…then ferry to an island, then drive to the town on the northwest corner of the Olympic Peninsula …a town where logging prospered, trade abounds, tourism remains, fishing boats fill the bay…deer roam the yards, otter play on the docks, mountains rise with their snowcapped peaks, fresh seafood for you choosing, quiet streets to walk, forests welcome, marine life to view, wild blackberries to pick on most strolls…quite the change from the sweltering heat and 24 hour smoke to breathe…I am so thankful…


God has provided so much.  What a creation we live in…even the smoke and heat has its purpose, it makes me appreciate the abundance we have…


The song this all reminds me of is an old song…this land is your land…not a hymn, or something spiritual…just a Song of thankfulness…


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Q7PULELvok


Thank YOU for your provision for our enjoyment….your care…your love….

No comments:

Post a Comment