Thursday, July 7, 2022

Weddings…

 Weddings…



A friend and I used to help with weddings….I moved and became a wedding coordinator for a church, plus went to floral school and became a florist…

I loved doing weddings, even without much sleep the week of, my mind rerunning scenarios, plans, timing, scripts, people, etc…


I love the smell of fresh flowers in their buckets waiting for designing, not so much anymore the pressure of two days of getting everything ready without wilting, finding refrigerated rooms…

I love silk flowers, their abundant colors, slower paced designing, not the last minute pressured timing, no wilting, no refrigeration…


Have gotten the chance to pick fresh flowers in the commercial fields in California, visit various wholesale warehouses picking out individual stems and bunches, carted blooms in coolers 500 miles, ordered from local grocery stores, or picked in someone’s backyard…all with the expectation of a beautiful wedding…


But that is just one aspect…

There are dresses, men’s attire, food choices, theme choices; getting the venue, the music, the pastor, the invitations, the shower, the people, the cake, the time, the photographer, the premarital counseling, the license, the decorations, the reception, the rehearsal dinner, etc., etc., etc.so many decisions….


But, all is fun and challenging…


With this all in mind…was thinking about the Bride and Groom spoken of in the Bible….


“Jewish marriage included a number of steps: 

first, betrothal (which involved the prospective groom’s traveling from his father’s house to the home of the prospective bride, paying the purchase price, and thus establishing the marriage covenant); 

second, the groom’s returning to his father’s house (which meant remaining separate from his bride for 12 months, during which time he prepared the living accommodations for his wife in his father’s house); 

third, the groom’s coming for his bride at a time not known exactly to her; 

fourth, his return with her to the groom’s father’s house to consummate the marriage and to celebrate the wedding feast for the next seven days (during which the bride remained closeted in her bridal chamber).” Bible study tools…


Just reading those steps, gives me chills, in an exciting way, of what the path of Christ’s coming does for us, the Bride…

He left his heavenly home to step here on earth with us…he returned at his resurrection with a promise to return again and take His own and take them to his fathers house…amazing…


Thank YOU….


https://bibleandrevelation.com/2017/08/08/the-ancient-jewish-wedding/


http://www.trackingbibleprophecy.org/jewish_wedding.php


And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God. 

And he who was seated on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new.” 

Also he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.” 

And he said to me, “It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. 

To the thirsty I will give from the spring of the water of life without payment. 

Then came one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls full of the seven last plagues and spoke to me, saying, “Come, I will show you the Bride, the wife of the Lamb.” 

12 “Behold, I am coming soon, bringing my recompense with me, to repay each one for what he has done. 

13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end.” 

16 “I, Jesus, have sent my angel to testify to you about these things for the churches. I am the root and the descendant of David, the bright morning star.” 

The Spirit and the Bride say, “Come.” And let the one who hears say, “Come.” 

And let the one who is thirsty come; let the one who desires take the water of life without price.

Revelation 21:2-3,5-6,9,22:12-13,16-17

No comments:

Post a Comment