Tuesday, July 19, 2022

Reactions…

 Reactions…


I can remember the day, when I was so angry…stomping around, raising my fist upward, striking out at anything  or anyone around me…I was so convicted…I wanted that calmness of heart, spirit, soul and mind that I saw in older Christians…that paniclessness, that steadfastness, that peace that was beyond my understanding…


I didn’t want to be numb to emotions, I just wanted peace in the battles of life…peace that only God can give, demonstrate “through if all”…


So it was  and is a journey to cultivate that peace…and like praying for patience, instead of a peaceful time, it seemed like time after time opportunities presented themselves to choose peace or anger…the journey is not without innumerable potholes in the road to peace…and as I climbed to my feet again, God was and is always there to hold my hand, lift me up, dust me off….patient and forgiving, reminding me of His awesome presence…


Thank YOU….


But I have calmed and quieted my soul, like a weaned child with its mother; like a weaned child is my soul within me.

Psalm 131:2


If the anger of the ruler rises against you, do not leave your place, for calmness will lay great offenses to rest.

Ecclesiastes 10:4


fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. 

For I, the Lord your God, hold your right hand; it is I who say to you, “Fear not, I am the one who helps you.”

Isaiah 41:10,13


And he said to them, “Why are you afraid, O you of little faith?” Then he rose and rebuked the winds and the sea, and there was a great calm.

Matthew 8:26


And they went and woke him, saying, “Master, Master, we are perishing!” And he awoke and rebuked the wind and the raging waves, and they ceased, and there was a calm.

Luke 8:24


Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice. 

Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. 

The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. 

And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4:4-7


Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing. 

Know this, my beloved brothers: let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger; for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God.

James 1:2-4,19-20



Through it all, 

Bill and Gloria Gaither


“I’ve had many tears and sorrows,

I’ve had questions for tomorrow,

there’s been times I didn’t know right from wrong.

But in every situation,

God gave me blessed consolation,

that my trials come to only make me strong.


Through it all,

through it all,

I’ve learned to trust in Jesus,

I’ve learned to trust in God.


Through it all,

through it all,

I’ve learned to depend upon His Word.


I’ve been to lots of places,

I’ve seen a lot of faces,

there’s been times I felt so all alone.

But in my lonely hours,

yes, those precious lonely hours,

Jesus lets me know that I was His own


Through it all,

through it all,

I’ve learned to trust in Jesus,

I’ve learned to trust in God.


Through it all,

through it all,

I’ve learned to depend upon His Word.


I thank God for the mountains,

and I thank Him for the valleys,

I thank Him for the storms He brought me through.

For if I’d never had a problem,

I wouldn’t know God could solve them,

I’d never know what faith in God could do.”

No comments:

Post a Comment