Friday, July 15, 2022

Food storage…

 Food storage…


I have a fence post from my grandparent’s ranch.


It is an old oak post with holes  “drilled” into to…it sits in my back yard, a reminder of my grandparents, their life, their love, their hard work, their faith…just them…


People have asked me who “drilled” all of the holes and why…

Woodpeckers “drilled” the holes, then they would store their oak acorns inside for their food source…makes sense…we have our storage cubby holes, why not woodpeckers…


But remembering back on the ranch, all of the hundreds of posts had these holes drilled into them…quite the food storage arrangement.


No one taught those birds how to do this …it passed from one generation to another …and they did it…woodpeckers can drill wood well, they are  created that way…


Just like the ants are created to gather another way…


Go to the ant, O sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise. Without having any chief, officer, or ruler, she prepares her bread in summer and gathers her food in harvest.

Proverbs 6:6-8


Four things on earth are small, but they are exceedingly wise: the ants are a people not strong, yet they provide their food in the summer;…

Proverbs 30:24-25


Noah, building the ark with God’s design had a humongous task of food storage for all the creatures which filled the ark for their journey on the waters…every nook and cranny had a purpose…I can’t even imagine…


I love my pantry, freezer, cupboards for all those “essentials “ we seem to accumulate…my “ storage” places…a little fancier than a post…but they are what God has provided me with…


Another “storage” place we have is His Word, His letters to us for our teaching, learning of Him…we can “drill” the words in for further reference, feast daily on their provision…the supply is endless…the learning, the meditation feeds, admonishes, our hearts, souls and minds…references are stored so that the Holy Spirit can teach us the truths stored there…


Thank YOU…


I have stored up your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you. 

Blessed are you, O Lord; teach me your statutes! 

I will meditate on your precepts and fix my eyes on your ways. 

I will delight in your statutes; 

I will not forget your word. Make me understand the way of your precepts, and I will meditate on your wondrous works.

Psalm 119:11-12,15-16,27


26 But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you.

John 14:26 


All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work.

2 Timothy 3:16-17



No comments:

Post a Comment