Sunday, May 29, 2022

The blessings of communication…

 The blessings of communication…


Yesterday I was talking with a friend in Mozambique with the app “What’s App”, a bank in Zambia via Western Union, another friend via “Messenger”, a family member via “FaceTime”, other family members via “texting”, connecting with others around the world via “Facebook” and “blog spot” ( which can be translated into the language they need), plus using the phone, snail mail, emails…and just talking face to face….


I remember my grandparents wind up black phone which hung on the wall in their ranch house. You had to stand up to the ear piece held to your ear, waiting for the neighbors to finish their conversations so you could take your turn on the multi-family line.


A graduate, the other day, who couldn’t speak, gave her graduation speech via a computer generated voice, robo calls sprinkle everyday to my life as well,  or I communicate via “words with friends” to another friend…send photos instantly to others…we can watch stories unfold around the world via satellite….


Communication has come a long way just in my generation…it came a long way in previous ones as well…


For all the “modernization “ we have, the written Word of God still communicates directly to our hearts…God Speaks to us through it…the Holy Spirit speaks truth to our being…He has written eternity on our hearts that we may listen, fellowship, learn, grow, praise, meditate, pray, sing songs of praise…then hidden in our hearts, lest we forget it….


While you can receive the Word in many communication modes, translated fully into 704 languages out of 7,106 living languages…the New Testament is translated into 1,551 languages, parts of the Bible into 1,160 additional ones…we have a long way to go to get it into every heart language…but,  there is progress …information from Biblica.com


Thank YOU…for your Word…written spoken to my heart….


I will meditate on your precepts and fix my eyes on your ways. Open my eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of your law. I am a sojourner on the earth; hide not your commandments from me!

Psalm 119:15,18-19 


How sweet are your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth! 

Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.

Psalm 119:103,105 


They said to each other, “Did not our hearts burn within us while he talked to us on the road, while he opened to us the Scriptures?” Then he opened their minds to understand the Scriptures,

Luke 24:32,45


For whatever was written in former days was written for our instruction, that through endurance and through the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope.

Romans 15:4


All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work.

2 Timothy 3:16-17

No comments:

Post a Comment