Tuesday, May 24, 2022

Crisis of faith…

 Crisis of faith…


There may be times in our lives that we are tested….we may feel they come too hard, too much, too soon…but they still come…


I was once given a diagram of this… a circle…you added  a conviction that you were learning to stand with…then of course, there was a test to see how committed you were…the circle continued to move around, until the next conviction, with yet another test… each adding to your life, growth after growth…you either “passed” each test and moved forward or got to repeat the test…Not sure this is a true picture of all convictions or growth, but for some lessons it is/was…I needed some repeated lessons apparently to grow stronger or dependent in certain areas…each test was a crisis of faith…some were humongous, others hardly a blip…but lessons, all…


One was learning to praise, giving thanks in all circumstances…in the good times and the extremely “bad”….this didn’t come easy…our natural tendency is not to see good in the bad…grumbling all the way…


Another was letting go…of unborn children…of grandparents as they died, then my mother…followed by my husband and my father…those first years of anguish and growth…pain and sorrow…tears and “ unfulfilled “ expectations ….letting God take more and more of the burdens…handing over the “controls” to his leading…facing new tasks, new chapters in life…hoping…


Thank YOU…


 https://www.crosswalk.com/family/marriage/how-to-survive-the-first-year-of-grieving-a-loved-one.html?utm_source=Daily%20Bible%20Living&utm_campaign=Daily%20Bible%20Living%20-%20BibleStudyTools.com&utm_medium=email&utm_content=6507329&recip=488704412&aps=d491a43856e21b587867b447453a930de9780b237aec2d5b87b5802fcc4d8c3d&PC=OUTLIOS&FORM=OUTLSB


For whatever was written in former days was written for our instruction, that through endurance and through the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope.

Romans 15:4


For I do not want you to be unaware, brothers, that our fathers were all under the cloud, and all passed through the sea, and all were baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea, and all ate the same spiritual food, and all drank the same spiritual drink. For they drank from the spiritual Rock that followed them, and the Rock was Christ. Nevertheless, with most of them God was not pleased, for they were overthrown in the wilderness. Now these things took place as examples for us, that we might not desire evil as they did. Do not be idolaters as some of them were; as it is written, “The people sat down to eat and drink and rose up to play.” We must not indulge in sexual immorality as some of them did, and twenty-three thousand fell in a single day. We must not put Christ to the test, as some of them did and were destroyed by serpents, nor grumble, as some of them did and were destroyed by the Destroyer. Now these things happened to them as an example, but they were written down for our instruction, on whom the end of the ages has come. Therefore let anyone who thinks that he stands take heed lest he fall. No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.

1 Corinthians 10:1-13


https://www.holylandsite.com/kadesh-barnea


https://www.crosswalk.com/faith/spiritual-life/what-is-a-crisis-of-faith.html


"Abide"

(feat. Aaron Williams & Dwell Songs)


For my waking breath for my daily bread

I depend on You I depend on You

For the sun to rise for my sleep at night

I depend on You I depend on You


You're the way the truth and the life

You're the well that never runs dry

I'm the branch and You are the vine

Draw me close and teach me to abide


Where the Spirit leads as I'm following

I depend on You I depend on You

For the victories still in front of me

I depend on You I depend on You


You're the way the truth and the life

You're the well that never runs dry

I'm the branch and You are the vine

Draw me close and teach me to abide

Be my strength my song in the night

Be my all my treasure my prize

I am Yours forever Your mine

Draw me close and teach me to abide


When I pass through death as I enter rest

I depend on You I depend on You

For eternal life to be raised with Christ

I depend on You I depend on You


You're the way the truth and the life

You're the well that never runs dry

I'm the branch and You are the vine

Draw me close and teach me to abide

Be my strength my song in the night

Be my all my treasure my prize

I am Yours forever Your mine

Draw me close and teach me to abide


I depend on You I depend on You

I depend on You I depend on You

I depend on You I depend on You

I depend on You I depend on You

No comments:

Post a Comment