Saturday, May 14, 2022

Our skin….

 Our skin….


When our children were little, we read  a book called “ the magnificent machine” for a morning devotional…it was all about how our bodies were/are such intricately, creatively made by a wonderful Creator…


I thought of this again when my second cast was removed from my forearm, wrist and hand…the scaly skin…shedding, shedding , shedding…down to a soft supple new layer(for awhile) of skin…


“Skin is the largest organ of the human body. It is an impressive and vital organ. It is a fleshy surface with hair, nerves, glands and nails. It consists of hair follicles which anchor hair strands into the skin.”

Interesting article…


https://byjus.com/biology/structure-and-functions-of-skin/


Simple diagram of the layers of skin….shedding…


(What a weight loss program, wonder if that counts…8 lbs a year if you live til 75)


I know not everyone is interested in skin shedding…but it just shows me another creative part of God…everything has its purpose…our skin protects, hold us intricately together with its layers upon layers…renewing itself quietly as we live our day to day lives…


It puts a new spin on the song, “morning by morning new mercies I see…”


1. Great is Thy faithfulness, O God my Father;
There is no shadow of turning with Thee;
Thou changest not, Thy compassions, they fail not;
As Thou hast been Thou forever wilt be.

Refrain:
Great is Thy faithfulness!
Great is Thy faithfulness!
Morning by morning new mercies I see:
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided—
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me!

2. Summer and winter and springtime and harvest,
Sun, moon, and stars in their courses above
Join with all nature in manifold witness
To Thy great faithfulness, mercy, and love.

3. Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth,
Thine own dear presence to cheer and to guide,
Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow—
Blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside! 


https://library.timelesstruths.org/music/Great_Is_Thy_Faithfulness/


Just a simple lesson on skin, further eliminates, for me again, the theory of evolution….we are so magnificently made…by God who saw his creation as “good”…


Thank YOU…. 


For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. 

I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. 

My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. 

 Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them.

Psalm 139:13-16


And God saw everything that he had made, and behold, it was very good. And there was evening and there was morning, the sixth day.

Genesis 1:31

No comments:

Post a Comment