Thursday, December 31, 2020

What we take for granted....

 What we take for granted....


I just finished reading the New Testament in chronological order plus Psalms and Proverbs ...this year’s goal...a slower pace than usual...but, more time to read, think and ponder...

When you end with Revelation 22 and Psalms 148-150, there is nothing but “Praise”....


Praise the Lord. 

Praise God in his sanctuary; praise him in his mighty heavens. 

Praise him for his acts of power; praise him for his surpassing greatness. 

Praise him with the sounding of the trumpet, praise him with the harp and lyre, praise him with timbrel and dancing, praise him with the strings and pipe, praise him with the clash of cymbals, praise him with resounding cymbals. 

Let everything that has breath praise the Lord. 

Praise the Lord .

Psalm 150:1-6


Revelation 22


7 “Look, I am coming soon! Blessed is the one who keeps the words of the prophecy written in this scroll.” 

12 “Look, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to each person according to what they have done. 

13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End. 

16 “I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you this testimony for the churches. 

I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star.” 

The Spirit and the bride say, “Come!” And let the one who hears say, “Come!” Let the one who is thirsty come; and let the one who wishes take the free gift of the water of life. 

He who testifies to these things says, “Yes, I am coming soon.” Amen. Come, Lord Jesus.

Revelation 22:7,12-13,16-17,20 


What high notes to end a very unusual, unique, scary, flexible, testing, ever-changing/moving year...


A year ago, we didn’t have words or situations like COVID-19, pandemic, full/overrun hospitals, lockdowns, masks only, morgues by the truckloads, hybrid schooling, Zooming, senior hour shopping, social distancing....and much more...

We had plans for the new year, plane tickets to faraway places, trips, people to see, jobs, schools ...things to do, places to go, day to day activities ...we were set...things as usual...


Then slowly, the words entered our world, COVID...until boom, it became our new normal ...at first it was a short duration, a few headlines...until it dominated our headlines and still does...COVID fatigue, social unrest, food lines,  cultural shift, elections, government upheaval, vaccinations...all have become our new norm...


I don’t know about anyone else, but I was comfortable with the way things were...I took for granted my freedoms  of coming and going when and where I pleased...I took for granted the daily, weekly routines...I thought I was pretty flexible...until this year...


But, the things is...God’s Word doesn’t change...His promises ring through...in good and bad times...He is still here through it all...that I can’t take for granted...thank YOU...


So I said: “Do not take me away, my God, in the midst of my days; your years go on through all generations. In the beginning you laid the foundations of the earth, and the heavens are the work of your hands. They will perish, but you remain; they will all wear out like a garment. Like clothing you will change them and they will be discarded. But you remain the same, and your years will never end. The children of your servants will live in your presence; their descendants will be established before you.”

Psalm 102:24-28


 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.

Hebrews 13:8  

No comments:

Post a Comment