Friday, December 4, 2020

Finishing once again...

 Finishing once again...


This year, one of my goals was the read only the New Testament chronologically...last year it was the whole Bible chronologically...I wanted to slow down, so added the books  of Psalms and Proverbs as well...but in a new Bible as well...an archaeological Bible...wow so much...


Now, I am getting toward the end as we are closing, maybe slamming the door on 2020...ending with Revelations, finishing the Psalms and Proverbs...


The Word is so descriptive both in person and words...Jesus speaks of himself in the book of John...but further describes Himself in Revelations...


One reference—-many others...

When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.” 

“Who are you?” they asked. “Just what I have been telling you from the beginning,” Jesus replied. 

26 “I have much to say in judgment of you. But he who sent me is trustworthy, and what I have heard from him I tell the world.” To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, “If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. 

32 Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” 

36 So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love me, for I have come here from God. I have not come on my own; God sent me. 

58 “Very truly I tell you,” Jesus answered, “before Abraham was born, I am!”

John 8:12,25-26,31-32,36,42,58 


Revelation, chapters 1-3 references....

and from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth. 

To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood, and has made us to be a kingdom and priests to serve his God and Father —to him be glory and power for ever and ever! Amen.

“I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty.” When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. Then he placed his right hand on me and said: “Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last. 

18 I am the Living One; I was dead, and now look, I am alive for ever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades. “To the angel of the church in Ephesus write: These are the words of him who holds the seven stars in his right hand and walks among the seven golden lampstands. 

8 “To the angel of the church in Smyrna write: These are the words of him who is the First and the Last, who died and came to life again. 12 “To the angel of the church in Pergamum write: These are the words of him who has the sharp, double-edged sword. 

16 Repent therefore! Otherwise, I will soon come to you and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth. 

17 Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To the one who is victorious, I will give some of the hidden manna. I will also give that person a white stone with a new name written on it, known only to the one who receives it. 

18 “To the angel of the church in Thyatira write: These are the words of the Son of God, whose eyes are like blazing fire and whose feet are like burnished bronze. 

26 To the one who is victorious and does my will to the end, I will give authority over the nations— “To the angel of the church in Sardis write: These are the words of him who holds the seven spirits of God and the seven stars. I know your deeds; you have a reputation of being alive, but you are dead. 

5 The one who is victorious will, like them, be dressed in white. I will never blot out the name of that person from the book of life, but will acknowledge that name before my Father and his angels. 

7 “To the angel of the church in Philadelphia write: These are the words of him who is holy and true, who holds the key of David. What he opens no one can shut, and what he shuts no one can open. 

10 Since you have kept my command to endure patiently, I will also keep you from the hour of trial that is going to come on the whole world to test the inhabitants of the earth. 

14 “To the angel of the church in Laodicea write: These are the words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the ruler of God’s creation. 19 Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest and repent. 20 Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me. 

21 To the one who is victorious, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I was victorious and sat down with my Father on his throne.

Revelation 1:5-6,8,17-18,2:1,8,12,16-18,26,3:1,5,7,10,14,19-21 


It just struck me...the power, the love, the care...the call for each the examine and respond...we all have the choice to respond to His “knock” as it says...He does not push His way in, bullying his way...but waits for each to answer that door, to answer welcome His entrance...to sit and dine with the Creator, the Alpha and Omega...


Thank YOU....

No comments:

Post a Comment