Monday, January 4, 2021

Abraham and waiting...blessings...


Abraham and waiting....blessings...


I am reading through the Old Testament this year...again...just to Abraham and his waiting...


The Lord said to Abram after Lot had parted from him, “Look around from where you are, to the north and south, to the east and west. 

All the land that you see I will give to you and your offspring forever. 

I will make your offspring like the dust of the earth, so that if anyone could count the dust, then your offspring could be counted. 

Go, walk through the length and breadth of the land, for I am giving it to you.”

Genesis 13:14-17 


After this, the word of the Lord came to Abram in a vision: “Do not be afraid, Abram. I am your shield, your very great reward. ” 

But Abram said, “Sovereign Lord, what can you give me since I remain childless and the one who will inherit my estate is Eliezer of Damascus? ” 

And Abram said, “You have given me no children; so a servant in my household will be my heir.” 

Then the word of the Lord came to him: “This man will not be your heir, but a son who is your own flesh and blood will be your heir. ” 

He took him outside and said, “Look up at the sky and count the stars —if indeed you can count them.” 

Then he said to him, “So shall your offspring be.” Abram believed the Lord, and he credited it to him as righteousness. 

He also said to him, “I am the Lord, who brought you out of Ur of the Chaldeans to give you this land to take possession of it.”

Genesis 15:1-7 


Now the Lord was gracious to Sarah as he had said, and the Lord did for Sarah what he had promised. 

Sarah became pregnant and bore a son to Abraham in his old age, at the very time God had promised him. 

Abraham gave the name Isaac to the son Sarah bore him. When his son Isaac was eight days old, Abraham circumcised him, as God commanded him. 

Abraham was a hundred years old when his son Isaac was born to him. Sarah said, “God has brought me laughter, and everyone who hears about this will laugh with me.” 

And she added, “Who would have said to Abraham that Sarah would nurse children? Yet I have borne him a son in his old age.”

Genesis 21:1-7 


How I need to wait and be still when I really want to move ahead and “do” something...

I want the weight to go off fast...the house to be finished quickly, the sickness to go away...whatever...not years to finish...not be patiently waiting...get it done “now”...

But, Abraham believed and it was credited as righteousness...much more important than instant gratification...thank YOU...help me in the “wait”...the belief....





I have a flower that is doing the same this year...waiting ...to bloom, burst forth in it’s beauty...it will be worth the wait...

Written 7 years ago...

“A flower late(?) in blooming....waiting


In October, over two months ago, a friend gave me an amaryllis bulb for my birthday...I also bought 6 to grow and give away at the same time...the six promptly popped out, grew, bloomed for thanksgiving, Christmas and are gone....  I gave them all away to various people ...but here sat the first, a green leaf tip poking out until January 1... Then poof,it grew and grew and now January 19th, almost three months later, it burst forth into beautiful blooms, all by itself,not part of the "group", to be enjoyed singly on its own....so was it "late" or just waiting to shine on its own or just on time??....


It reminds me of the Samaritan woman, who coming to the well alone, found Jesus alone...to find his glory and ran to tell others... To bloom, as it were....where she was planted...she was waiting as well...for the Saviour.....as were others...


Or waiting for the perfect time...waiting


I heard a quote a long time ago, that there are more "waits" in the 

Bible than "goes".   Not sure if that is so,   But it is hard sometimes to wait...and wait ...and wait...many times alone...for that go signal .....


Expectantly...

Strong...

Taking heart...

In hope...

Still...

Patiently...


Knowing at sometime there will be an answer....in His timing....so that it is glorious, beautiful, honoring, glorifying, right....


Thank YOU, for the waiting....even when I don't want to wait...I want to go ahead....

You have a purpose for the wait that is so much better thank can even imagine...in the waiting....


Psalm 5:3

In the morning, Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait expectantly.


Psalm 27:14

Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord.


Psalm 33:20

We wait in hope for the Lord; he is our help and our shield.


Psalm 37:7a

Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him; ...


Psalm 38:15

Lord, I wait for you; you will answer, Lord my God.


Psalm 119:166

I wait for your salvation, Lord, and I follow your commands.


Psalm 130:5

I wait for the Lord, my whole being waits, and in his word I put my hope.


Psalm 130:6

I wait for the Lord more than watchmen wait for the morning, more than watchmen wait for the morning.”



 

No comments:

Post a Comment