Sunday, September 13, 2020

Garden along the way...25..clearing away...

 Gardens along the way...25...clearing away...


The air was crisp, the temperatures down, dry leaves were swirling...a time of clearing away...


I am starting to dismantle my garden...some of my plants are finished...although the zucchinis and tomatoes are continuing to bear...I picked the last of the peaches...apples are for sale at the stands as well as sweet corn as are many other crops...onions are being carried by the truck loads to the sorting houses, melons sweet and luscious await...what an abundance...what a blessing...


Farmers are cultivating and planting for fall and winter...having cleared this year’s crops...


On other fronts in several states, there are firestorms of fires  burning relentlessly  through tinder dry forests,  sage and grasslands...”old gardens”  destroyed...another sort of clearing away...


Or tree trimmers pruning dead trees, fruit trees, falling others to clear land for new habitations...


All will regrow or rebuild at various speeds, over months, years, generations, millennia ...


Clearing away in life happens on many fronts..mind, soul, body...ridding those toxins which can shorten life, negative and wrong thinking which takes away joy...


But replacement brings life and joy...


I was think of this as I was beginning the clean out of my garden and watching others... what do I need to clean up in my life...my soul...do I harbor  or am I safe haven for unpleasantness...or am I “cleaning up my act”...seeking things  that are above and not below...

Thank YOU for the reminders, the pictures in life...


Wash away all my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin.

Psalm 51:2 


let us draw near to God with a sincere heart and with the full assurance that faith brings, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water.

Hebrews 10:22 


So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. 

For the flesh desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the flesh. 

They are in conflict with each other, so that you are not to do whatever you want. 

But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law. 

The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God. 

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit.

Galatians 5:16-25 


No comments:

Post a Comment