Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Grief, COVID-19, world unrest...


Grief, COVID-19, world unrest...

I was talking to an acquaintance yesterday while we were exercising.
She was so struggling with all the world happenings, jobs, family, etc, etc...
It struck me that we are grieving as a world, filled with fear of the unknown, daily changes in routines, new rules and regulations, violence unleashed by anger over so many situations...flexibility in hyperdrive...something we are dealing with differently...

It reminded me of some of the lessons from the “grief share” material..

One quote, “I feel like I am going crazy” comes to mind, or “ I don’t why I feel this way”, “ I just have no energy or drive or ______”, ....etc, etc....

Part of grief...and we all do it differently...anger, denial, work, binge eating, no appetite, tiredness, sleeplessness, tears, guilt, emotional roller coasters....it’s all there and more...

The slogans have come out from the encouragers, “We are in this together”, “ we will make it through this”...and more cross the tv screens or computers or even billboards along the way...

We want to see this through, we dream of better days, we want normal, whatever that is...we want out of this funky time...we want a life...with no restrictions, no grief, no fears...

They say that time heals...but really the ultimate healer is Jesus...people flocked to his healing touch, word or hand In times past...people the world over are still doing that ...comforter, redeemer, forgiver, master of time...peace giver, counselor, hand holder, creator, the living Word...the Way, the Light, the Life, the Lamb...the list goes on...
And people the world over are still deciding, or still rejecting...still questioning as they have for thousands of years...but He is amazing...



The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing. 
He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he refreshes my soul. 
He guides me along the right paths for his name’s sake. 
Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. 
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. 
You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. 
Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.
Psalm 23:1-6 


for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 
For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 3:23,6:23 


When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”
John 8:12 

No comments:

Post a Comment