Thursday, July 16, 2020

Gardens along the way...13...sunflowers


Gardens along the way...13 ...sunflowers...

Eleven years ago, I was driving my parents north through the central California valley. North of Sacramento, we were speeding by field upon field of sunflowers, all facing the sun...finally, I said I have to get off the freeway and take some pictures...so we did...

I know I have written about this stop in the past...relating that these flowers followed the sun through the day...soooooo, the fields of sunflowers were all facing the same way...looking toward their light, warmth, their center...just as we should be doing with the Son...Jesus...keeping our focus on Him...

Now as I walk, I am seeing the gardens, not miles of fields, but sunflowers here and there, different faces, different heights, different colors, newly planted, older plantings, wild, planned, bird planted, human planted...a mixture....some face the sun, while others look in other directions...not consistent...none the same....

Does this sound familiar?   Maybe a little like mankind... it seems like less and less are facing the Son...many looking in all different directions to get their sustenance, their center, their light...


                                                                                    



There is this one plant in particular that has no direction...it is all over the place, looking in a variety of ways...one central stem, but going many ways....

Now this could be a picture of Christians. One source and a variety of manifestations of giftings...but, it could be no central direction...fun to contemplate...

This one was not planted by the gardener, a surprise...a new uninvited guest in the planter...oh well, we get surprises, new direction, new chapters in our stories...so why not let it grow and feed the birds, who probably brought it...God’s plan for that spot...


       

The loner....this poor guy stood alone amongst the vines, the entanglements...proud to show his colors, 
Speaking his piece against the crowd....


Look at the colors, the brightness....we can enjoy the beauty, intricacies all the while it is changing into a bounty, a feast for the birds...God who cares for the birds, cares for us...of much more value...




How fun it is to see God’s creation all around, the sunflowers, the variety....
This year as I am kept closer to home, I am not seeing the glories of Israel, the tropics, of monuments  of historical reference...but have enjoyed the gardens along the way, as I walk my miles, seeing yet again God’s provision, His creativity...taking in His lessons for me...not grumbling about the confinement, but trying to look on the bright side, the encouragement right outside my back door...trying to be content in the lessons close at hand....thank YOU...

I will give thanks to the Lord because of his righteousness; I will sing the praises of the name of the Lord Most High.
Psalm 7:17

I will give you thanks, for you answered me; you have become my salvation.
Psalm 118:21

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:4-7

Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18


No comments:

Post a Comment