Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Gardens along the way....17...Wallowa lake...

Gardens along the way...17...Wallowa lake...


I am privileged to be included in a four family unit,  kind of spur of the minute, get out of “dodge”, trip...to Wallowa lake in a 1980’s log house...

The other families, one-my oldest daughter and family, her best friend from college and her family and the last, my son in laws sister and she family- a returning furloughed missionary from Laos, in need of some rest and recuperation, family time...


Most of the houses near where we are staying are landscaped “au natural”...the forest, bushes, grasses, wild flowers- the landscape...and even though it is the first of August, there are still wild flowers in bloom...most of the pictures are on my camera, not my phone , so will have to load them later, 


Took an afternoon hike after water play around a picturesque pond to Chief Joseph’s gravesite, poppies of red, filler flowers of yellow and blue dotted the field with the grasses waving in the breeze along with the smell of pine, and summer heat...


Signs of caution, sightings of cougar and bear posted on trails...part of the ambiance...


The lake itself is part of this area’s garden...a place to swim, boat, float, relax, fish, enjoy...its varying colors from morning to night, gentle slapping the shore from waves, the jumping fish, the blue clearness, the jagged lining rocks, the stately  towering pines lining the shores... a beautiful God-made garden...one of the millions around the globe...

Thank YOU...


We are so blessed even in this year of change and discord...there are still places of tranquility to visit, to enjoy...be they our own back yards or a lake, a park, a short hike, even travel videos and films...gardens of our minds and souls...God is at work in all...delighting to help us grow...

Thank YOU...


song...I. The garden


Verse #1

I come to the garden alone,

While the dew is still on the roses,

And the voice I hear, falling on my ear,

The Son of God discloses.

And He walks with me, and He talks with me,

And He tells me I am His own,

And the joy we share as we tarry there,

None other has ever known.


Verse #2

He speaks, and the sound of His voice,

Is so sweet the birds hush their singing,

And the melody that He gave to me,

Within my heart is ringing.

And He walks with me, and He talks with me,

And He tells me I am His own,

And the joy we share as we tarry there,

None other has ever known.


Verse #3

I'd stay in the garden with Him,

Tho' the night around me be falling,

But He bids me go, thro' the voice of woe,

His voice to me is calling.

And He walks with me, and He talks with me,

And He tells me I am His own,

And the joy we share as we tarry there,

None other has ever known. 



“This is what the Lord says, he who made the earth, the Lord who formed it and established it—the Lord is his name: ‘Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.’

Jeremiah 33:2-3

No comments:

Post a Comment