Friday, July 10, 2020

From Creator to cuddles...

From the Creator to cuddles...

Then God said, “Let the land produce vegetation: seed-bearing plants and trees on the land that bear fruit with seed in it, according to their various kinds. ” And it was so. The land produced vegetation: plants bearing seed according to their kinds and trees bearing fruit with seed in it according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good. And there was evening, and there was morning —the third day.
Genesis 1:11-13 

A friend just finished three quilts for another friend...who in turn is sending them to her granddaughters...this sounds simple...but along the way the materials going into those quilts had the possibility of creating joy for many...

Let’s go way back...first God created the cotton...He saw that it was good...down through the ages cotton has been a crop in many countries, gathered, deseeded, milled, woven into fabric to be worn by millions...the byproducts go to other uses...

“The cottonseed is crushed in order to separate its three products – oil, meal and hulls. Cottonseed oil is used primarily for shortening, cooking oil and salad dressing. The meal and hulls that remain are used either separately or in combination as livestock, poultry and fish feed and as fertilizer. The stalks and leaves of the cotton plant are plowed under to enrich the soil.
Some cottonseed also is used as high-protein concentrate in baked goods and other food products.”

It has provided jobs in planting, harvesting, designing, milling, weaving, construction, inventions, plus many others, that I can’t even fathom...

Just thinking of these particular pieces of cotton which made these particular quilts....the designer, the weaver, the trucker, the shop keeper, the original buyer-who had in mind a design, the garage sale, the purchaser-who loves garage sales, the next garage cleaner-outer, to another, to the quilter who loves quilt making , back to grandmother and then posted to granddaughters...people provided with work and joy in all the steps of those quilts...what will be their story for his point on....

When thought of that way, how much more God has plans and pathways for our lives...so many details worked out...insights, people, chapters, seasons we all have...all for our good...nothing is wasted...we have different routes, families, pains, sorrows, joys, background, encouragements, discouragements, experiences, personalities all melding, building into the person we become...bearing fruit...thank YOU...

“I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. 
4 Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me. 
5 “I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. 
7 If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. 
8 This is to my Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples. 
9 “As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. 
10 If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love. 
11 I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete. 
16 You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit—fruit that will last—and so that whatever you ask in my name the Father will give you.
John 15:1,4-5,7-11,16

Show me your ways, Lord, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long.
Psalm 25:4-5 

 For the Lord gives wisdom; from his mouth come knowledge and understanding. 
He holds success in store for the upright, he is a shield to those whose walk is blameless, for he guards the course of the just and protects the way of his faithful ones. 
Then you will understand what is right and just and fair—every good path. For wisdom will enter your heart, and knowledge will be pleasant to your soul.
Proverbs 2:6-10 


Attachment.png

No comments:

Post a Comment