Sunday, January 12, 2020

Snow...

Snow....

It seems this time of year, there is a promise of snow from day to day in my area...

Others I know are laboring hard,  with not only the promise but the realty of snow measured in feet rather than skiffs of that powdery stuff...

Three  years ago, we had the “storm of the century”, with what they have called the “snow-mageden”... I have pictures on my yard and driveway where I was shoveling up, over my head to the piles of snow..just to get out of my garage or front door...it was that way for three months...taking down barns, icing up roofs and walls,  creating ice dams on homes, causing countless accidents and general misery for many...

This year, so far, it is the opposite...we need the snowpack for agricultural, water content... moisture to combat drought...life...

Is there snow in Israel?..I tended to think that there wasn’t...to much desert or low lying agricultural ground...that was my picture of the land...until I went there...there is always snow in Israel, they say..on the mountain tops...even a ski resort!...





Cleanse me with hyssop, and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow.
Psalm 51:7 

So, when the Word speaks of snow, the people knew what snow was...how white it was, pure white....funny how we get these images in our mind of certain things, our misconceptions of the truth....our expectations...until we learn the truth...and then sometimes it is even hard to change those ideas or pictures...

The creator of the snow likened our cleansing of sin to the pure whiteness of snow...as opposed to the darkness/dirtiness/blackness/redness of sin which can destroy our lives...thank YOU...


“Come now, let us settle the matter,” says the Lord. “Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool.
Isaiah 1:18

No comments:

Post a Comment