Monday, January 20, 2020

In a vision...

In a vision....


One night the Lord spoke to Paul in a vision:  “Do not be afraid; keep on speaking, do not be silent. 10 For I am with you, and no one is going to attack and harm you, because I have many people in this city.” So Paul stayed in Corinth for a year and a half, teaching them the word of God.
Acts 18:9-11

Presently, we are going through the book of Acts in church, section by section...really good again...(no matter how many times I read the Word, God has something new for me to see...love it...)

Paul has just left the synagogue, after telling them he was now going to the Gentiles instead of the Jews with the gospel...a new chapter, a new direction...moving on...

What a dramatic shift for him and I can only imagine, a hard one...he always went to the synagogue to present Jesus to his Jewish people...and now he was turning away to a new “life”, different people...

 We may have dramatic shifts in our lives, job changes, geographical changes, heart changes, health changes, family changes, belief changes...etc...the consistent is God...He is there to comfort, direct and sometimes to whisper is the night, “do not be afraid”...He alone can lead in the direction we need to go...if we listen...

He has a path for us...a plan that may be different than the one we thought or planned...but, oh so good...

There have been those “do not be afraid “ moments in my life...even the sermons at each changing point confirmed them...times I wondered, “what now?” ...I can remember the exact place and time for each...times of distress, jubilation, fear, even anger at the change...
A calming message in my heart and soul, “do not be afraid”...” this is my will for you, walk in it..” an assurance like no other...”I am with you...”

Looking back at those shifts, I am thankful...they led to many new adventures in Him, I would have missed had I refused and gone my way...
Not that any were easy...they were life changing...they were and are “expectation” releasing...thank YOU...

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Jeremiah 29:11-13

“If He calls, He will see you through it”

I sought the Lord, and He heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.
Psalm 34:4

When I am afraid, I put my trust in you. 
Psalm 56:3

When you lie down, you will not be afraid; when you lie down, your sleep will be sweet.
Proverbs 3:24

Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid. The Lord, the Lord himself, is my strength and my defense ; he has become my salvation. ”
Isaiah 12:2 


“Where could I go where could I go
Seeking a refuge for my soul
Needing a friend to help me in the end
Where could I go to the Lord”
“Where could I go” J.B. Coats

No comments:

Post a Comment