Saturday, January 4, 2020

New Bible.....

New Bible...

This year my Bible reading goal is to go through the New Testament chronologically as well as include Psalms and Proverbs...but in a new Bible, the Archaeology Study Bible...

After my trip to Israel this last spring, it has been intriguing to find out more about the places and people of that area... not that I will remember a huge portion of it all...so much information...but it did make more sense...it is a real place, the people are real....no fiction...
Jesus was, is and will be real...the same yesterday, today and tomorrow...the Alpha and Omega...

It is always hard for me to change Bibles every few years...I have so many notes written in them...comfortable...maybe too comfortable...that’s why I need to change things up once in awhile ...need a challenge...not all the time, though...exercise my brain, heart to new messages from the Lord...and He certainly does that...

My questions are, “how is this pertinent to me today, what is God teaching me...how can I use this”...
While reading a lot of facts about biblical times, I don’t want to deny the heart of the Word...

He always comes through with truth, answers...thank YOU...

Blessed are those who keep his statutes and seek him with all their heart— Oh, that my ways were steadfast in obeying your decrees! Praise be to you, Lord; teach me your decrees. 
I rejoice in following your statutes as one rejoices in great riches. 
I meditate on your precepts and consider your ways. 
I delight in your decrees; 
I will not neglect your word. Open my eyes that I may see wonderful things in your law.
Psalm 119:2,5,12,14-16,18 

No comments:

Post a Comment