Monday, March 11, 2019




A little picture says a lot...

I recently attended an event for women...

We were told to bring a picture of ourselves when we were children...

At our small table, we shared our pictures and told about them, age, event, a small part of our lives...

Then the “tables” turned....we were asked to write down negative “Self talk” that many of us do...or negative ideas we have about ourselves from others...

Next, we were asked to speak those negative words to that child in the picture....hard...but, oh so, enlightening...how we have down trodden that child or someone else has with words of abuse, negativity....

Finally, we were reminded of the Word and what it says about us...we can speak beauty, worth, love, acceptance, security, significance into that “child’s” life...and those around us as well instead of the negatives that we may have gotten through our life’s journey...or our children’s, grandchildren’s....

We cried and laughed with one another as some shared their life’s story’s of good times or abusive words/actions, the ramifications of each....

It was a reminder to speak good, truth into others lives, building them up instead of tearing them down...we can do that for ourselves and others so easily....

Thank YOU that You love us so deeply....

"
WHO I AM IN CHRIST 
ORIGINALLY COMPILED BY NEIL ANDERSON

 I AM ACCEPTED...John 1:12 I am God's child.
John 15:15 As a disciple, I am a friend of Jesus Christ.
 Romans 5:1 I have been justified (declared righteous).
 1 Corinthians 6:17I am united with the Lord, and I am one with Him in spirit. 
1 Corinthians 6:19-20I have been bought with a price and I belong to God. 
1 Corinthians 12:27 I am a member of Christ's body 
Ephesians 1:3-8 I have been chosen by God and adopted as His child.
Colossians 1:13-14 I have been redeemed and forgiven of all my sins. 
Colossians 2:9-10 I am complete in Christ.
Hebrews 4:14-16 I have direct access to the throne of grace through Jesus Christ.

 I AM SECURE...Romans 8:1-2 I am free from condemnation.
 Romans 8:28 I am assured that God works for my good in all circumstances.
 Romans 8:31-39 I am free from any condemnation brought against me and I cannot be separated from the love of God.
 2 Corinthians 1:21-22 I have been established, anointed and sealed by God.
 Colossians 3:1-4 I am hidden with Christ in God
.Philippians 1:6 I am confident that God will complete the good work He started in me.
 Philippians 3:20 I am a citizen of heaven.
 2 Timothy 1:7 I have not been given a spirit of fear but of power, love and a sound mind. 
1 John 5:18 I am born of God and the evil one cannot touch me.

 I AM SIGNIFICANT...John 15:5 I am a branch of Jesus Christ, the true vine, and a channel of His life.
 John 15:16 I have been chosen and appointed to bear fruit.
 1 Corinthians 3:16  I am God's temple.
 2 Corinthians 5:17-21 I am a minister of reconciliation for God
Ephesians 2:6 I am seated with Jesus Christ in the heavenly realm
Ephesians 2:10 I am God's workmanship
Ephesians 3:12 I may approach God with freedom and confidence.
 Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me...


  



No comments:

Post a Comment