Monday, February 18, 2019

Music to my soul...


Music to my soul....🎶🎶🎶

Music has been a part of my life since birth...my mother played the piano, my dad-the harmonica...mom led choirs at all the small churches we attended, she gave music lessons for twenty years, we owned a music store...my earliest memory of a movie was a Rogers and Hammerstein musical, we went to community concerts, musical plays at  the local college...my earliest singing experience was singing “Jesus Loves Me with my mom in front of our church...I joined choirs in high school, sang in groups, sang solos...my husband and I took our children to musical events as they were growing up...and each took some kind of lessons, at least to learn to read music...and under some duress...all of them still listen to music, and one has carried it on...my grand kids like music, either singing, playing and dancing....

In our early years of marriage, Christian Radio was introduced to Nevada. We definitely supported new towers so that it could cover the state...even to the remote areas, what a blessing it was...now it is everywhere and lots of various stations. When we had little ones, the radio was part of our life and sometimes it was my lifeblood and my solace during the hard times....counselors, speakers, singers, encouragers, scholars, financial advisors....people who spoke into my life and soul God’s word during the week while toddlers raced around or through sleepless nights of illness, or aloneness while my husband was away...reminding me that Jesus was always there, the Holy Spirit was residing within to comfort, to counsel...speak truth....give a new song to my weary or rejoicing heart...
He gave me songs each night as my husband was dying...ones I could hear deep within....


This video clip reminded me of those times...even now, music is still there to revive my heart...certain songs flush out memories with tears of joy and sorrow...reminding me of events connected with a song...emotionally drawing me into those times...

God has been so faithful through my life...and He used music, with His Word to touch my soul....thank YOU....

The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him.
Psalm 28:7

You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance. 
Sing joyfully to the Lord, you righteous; it is fitting for the upright to praise him. 
Praise the Lord with the harp; make music to him on the ten-stringed lyre. 
Sing to him a new song; play skillfully, and shout for joy.
Psalm 32:7,33:1-3 

I remembered my songs in the night. My heart meditated....
Psalm 77:6a


No comments:

Post a Comment