Sunday, February 24, 2019

Distracted...

Distracted....

“dis·tract·ed  (dĭ-străk′tĭd)
adj.
1. Having the attention diverted.
2. Suffering conflicting emotions; distraught.

dis·tract′ed·ly adv.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin”

But Martha was distracted by all the preparations that had to be made. She came to him and asked, “Lord, don’t you care that my sister has left me to do the work by myself? Tell her to help me!”
Luke 10:40 

distracted.....I find myself in this attitude a lot...having my attention drawn away from the important...

41 “Martha, Martha,” the Lord answered, “you are worried and upset about many things, 42 but few things are needed—or indeed only one. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her.”
Luke 10:41-42 

I long to be the “Mary “ who has chosen what is better and not the “Martha “  who is worried  and upset about many things...

Oh, there are times that are better than others...when i am focused on the “better” and not the “worries”...I really don’t want the worries of the world to choke out the Word as in the parable of the soils...I want to be the productive soul, steeped in the Word joyously...

The first book I read after becoming a widow was, “the undistracted widow” by Carol Cornish, followed by other books written for widows...
I needed solace, focus, and “how to’s” of widowhood...never having travelled this path before...I even asked other widows questions...

But, now distractions are different...day to day life, business, relationships...things that still pull me away from the “better”...so, early each day, I strive to focus on the “Better”...reading the Word, listening,  meditating, praying...before the emails come, or texts, or even notes from others, or news of the world...getting perspective for the day ahead...but, there is still the temptation to get distracted in the mundane       Of the “day to day”...and I admit freely that I do still get  drawn in...but there is growth...

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Jeremiah 29:11-13 

Teach me knowledge and good judgment, for I trust your commands. May I wholeheartedly follow your decrees, that I may not be put to shame.
Psalm 119:66,80 


Thank YOU...that You are patient and kind....

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5pZkLWZv-E

No comments:

Post a Comment