Friday, February 15, 2019

God sightings....

God sightings....

The question was asked last night at small group...when, in this last week have you seen God working in your life?

Over the years, I have called that God’s fingerprints, some call it coincidences, others-fate, ...a multitude of occurrences or even just one, that we know or feel that God is really involved in our lives or really makes Himself known...

Take this morning, I was awake at 1 am, wrestling with ideas, worries about family issues, business, tax prep whirling around and around in my head...my mind was trying process and make a straight path on each, but the real issue at the time was I really needed some sleep! Let the worries come in the light of day when I can think through them, hand them over...God knew that and quietly slipped me back into a restful sleep with good dreams and I awoke more refreshed....able to step by step work through the things I needed to do with His blessing...

Songs, verses, Bible reading, sermons, friends, events and so much more can be God’s fingerprints or sightings...He never leaves us...we have the Holy Spirit indwelling if we believe in Christ as our savior, teaching us truth, comforting, counseling...and He must delight when we acknowledge His presence in daily events in our lives...it’s like receiving a Beautiful Valentine each day, a gift of love...and our gratitude becomes a gift to Him...we are acknowledging the Very universe’s Creator who has known us before we were created in the womb...His plan for each of our lives...thank YOU...I want to be aware of You in each moment...

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. 
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. 
My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth. 
Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. 
How precious to me are your thoughts, God! How vast is the sum of them! 
Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand — when I awake, I am still with you.
Psalm 139:13-18

Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

No comments:

Post a Comment