Monday, August 10, 2015

The note....

The note....



This note and video touched my heart this morning...I wish I had been as creative as this mother as each of my children arrived....

We, too, desired children, a topic of discussion before and after marriage...When the miscarriages happened, we were devastated...wondering what we had done wrong, if we would ever have children, if we were bring punished for something...no answers, except to wait ....we prayed and waited...then a son, another miscarriage, then a daughter, more waiting, then a daughter, more waiting and finally another son...with several foster children along the way as well....

Each child a blessing, each with their own fantastic personality, whims and wishes...smiles, grins and grimaces...

I see them each day as they scroll by on my computer from babyhood to marriage...their father giving the girls away on their wedding days....from school days to dancing through life...and I thank God for each...His answers in our lives while we were waiting...I thank God for the spouses He brought to each as well....perfectly matched...perfectly suited ....

Thank YOU, God for the children You freely gave to us....the adults they have become...the future each of them holds...

Psalm 37:26 They are always generous and lend freely;their children will be a blessing. 

Psalm 127:3-4 Children are a heritage from the Lord,offspring a reward from him. 
Like arrows in the hands of a warriorare children born in one’s youth. 

Genesis 2:18, 22-24 The Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him.” 
Then the Lord God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man. 
The man said,“This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called ‘woman,’for she was taken out of man.” 
That is why a man leaves his father and mother and is united to his wife, and they become one flesh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment