Sunday, August 30, 2015

"I think I love you..."

" I think I love you....

I remember the first time my husband said he loved me as if it were yesterday, not decades ago.  We had been studying at the college librar, as usual, that evening and were headed for a soft drink before returning to the dorms in which I lived. (We studied a lot at the library that spring And got great grades!  It was a safe place  to spend time together...)
Anyway, we were talking as usual, and then He looked at me with wide eyes and said, "I think I love you." It was a revelation for us both to admit to being serious about one another...and within that year we were married...for a lifetime...

There are times in my spiritual life that have been those wake up moments of God's love as well...even though I know He loves me all the time and forever has loved me...there are just special times that I am overwhelmed by His love and I am wide eyed with astonishment and the security of it...

It may be a small voice....an all encompassing feeling of comfort....an idea....a circumstance that is beyond human explanation....goosebumps from a shared experience....a look from a stranger at a significant time...many, many ways....just knowing that I am personally loved beyond my imagination and earthly explanation...

thank YOU for those special times that I know that You love me beyond a shadow of a doubt....as well as all the times when I may not even be aware of your love...You are present and caring all the time...

Jeremiah 31:3 The Lord appeared to us in the past, saying: “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing kindness. 

Psalm 103:17-18, 22 But from everlasting to everlastingthe Lord’s love is with those who fear him,and his righteousness with their children’s children— with w those who keep his covenantand remember to obey his precepts. 
Praise the Lord, all his workseverywhere in his dominion.Praise the Lord, my soul. 

John 3:16-17 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 
For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 

1 John 4:7-12, 16, 18-19 Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. 
Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. 
This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. 
This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. 
Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us. 
And so we know and rely on the love God has for us.God is love. 
Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them. 
There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love. 
We love because he first loved us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment