Monday, August 3, 2015

Christians are moving toward the best....

Christians are to move forward to best...David Jeremiah

As I was driving yesterday, I had the opportunity to listen to a bit of Dr. David Jeremiah...

It went well with Beth Moore's saying about being Glad and not just good...

Both of these phrases were preparation for today for me...I was working again on my husband's office things and his large library of Geological books...
I have handled these books for more that 45 years...they have been treasured and read through, handled and thought about all theses years..and now they are going to a Mining school library for geology students to handle and read as well. Some go back into the 1800's and are as current as this year...mines have been discovered and forgotten through these books...

Yes, I did shed some tears with their handling..I want to hug them tight and try to get whiff of him, I see his notes and handwriting everywhere...but, he is not there and he won't read them again.   And the gold he found is so temporal compared to the streets of gold he is enjoying now...this is just another ambush moment of truth and grief...

Thank YOU for reminding me that best is still out there and You are the Glad of our lives...

Psalm 5:11-12 But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in you. Surely, Lord, you bless the righteous; you surround them with your favor as with a shield. 

Psalm 9:2 I will be glad and rejoice in you;I will sing the praises of your name, O Most High. 

Psalm 31:7 I will be glad and rejoice in your love,for you saw my afflictionand knew the anguish of my soul. 

Psalm 40:16 But may all who seek yourejoice and be glad in you; may those who long for your saving help always say, "The Lord is great!” 

Psalm 51:8, 10-12 Let me hear joy and gladness;let the bones you have crushed rejoice. 
Create in me a pure heart, O God,and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Do not cast me from your presenceor take your Holy Spirit from me. 
Restore to me the joy of your salvationand grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment