Friday, June 26, 2015

Traveller or tourist....

Traveller or tourist.....

Traveller ; one who travels, especially to distant lands, thinks through what kind of experience they may want,..or thinks through, is grateful for the experience...not necessarily for pleasure... 

Tourist; one who makes a tour for pleasure or culture...One who visits a place or attends a social event out of curiosity, wanting to watch without commitment or involvement....

Recently, I was challenged with the question, " are you a traveller or a tourist?

I decided I was a combination of both.  I am curious, but I want to experience as much as possible when I am traveling or just living...I try to be thankful for each of the experiences along the way, even the difficult ones..and not all the experiences are pleasurable....as we march through life...

When my husband amd I would travel, we took the back roads as much as we could, avoiding the freeways, to see more of the country...or walk into the neighborhoods, rather than the main streets to see how people lived...we wanted to experience the real thing rather than just the tour guided part...we saw so much more than what the guide had pointed out...

We are all in a journey or pilgrimage while here on earth...we add various chapters to our travel journal...chapters on childhood, teen years, young adult lives, courtship, marriage, parenthood, empty nest, careers, grand parenting, aging and finally passing away.  Other chapters are added as well as we travel along...friendships, suffering , elation, joy, ....

God may or may not be added to each chapter in our log book of travels...that is our choice...even though He is there waiting to be added...he definitely helps in the journey as a companion, travel advisor, comforter, and so much else..in fact, He is the best guide we have if we let Him...

Thank YOU for the travels...guiding us into traveling well...if I let You...the guidebook, the travel log ....then many chapters You have filled ....help me praise You for each ones In The past, present and future....


Genesis 24:27a saying, “Praise be to the Lord, the God of my master Abraham, who has not abandoned his kindness and faithfulness to my master. As for me, the Lord has led me on the journey..... 


Jeremiah 29:11-13 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. 

Isaiah 35:8, 10 And a highway will be there; it will be called the Way of Holiness; it will be for those who walk on that Way.The unclean will not journey on it; wicked fools will not go about on it. and those the Lord has rescued will return.They will enter Zion with singing; everlasting joy will crown their heads.Gladness and joy will overtake them,and sorrow and sighing will flee away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment