Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Going home....

Going home,

This morning, as we venture out on out last day of our tour, We will, Lord willing, end up at home.

As I was praying for travel safety, I was thinking about two friends who are facing terminal cancer and have a few more months here on this earthly journey...we are all facing those same days, even though we may not know how long or have been given a diagnosis or time...

That going home process may be short or lengthy, painless or painful... Only God knows that ....

I do know that it is painful for the families...we may laugh and praise during the process, but underneath we are crying...sorrowful for the coming loss..that anticipatory  grief...knowing the  coming days, months, years will be sorrowful and a new chapter for our lives...we are glad for those who have chosen to believe God's word and taken Christ as their Savior.  They have a safe home in which to go. Those of us who are left still face earthly tasks until we too go Home...

Watching someone slowly die, losing bodily functions is so very hard, going through the steps of dying, pulling away from earthly life piece by piece....going Home is both a blessing and a hardship...we hold their hands, read, talk, cry, comfort through the passage...wanting to hold fast, not wanting let go, but the process relentlessly moves on...whatever our wishes are...going Home...

That last kiss, that last goodby, that last word, that last touch...memorable...indelible in our minds for those of us left behind...as loved ones go Home....they are going where there are no more tears, pain...
We are left in the comforting arms of others, comforting words in The Word...again to comfort others...share grief...move forward until it is our turn to go Home...

Safe travels...safe journey ....going Home...

2 Corinthians 1:3-4 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God. 

Psalm 23:1-6 The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing. 
He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he refreshes my soul.
He guides me along the right paths for his name’s sake. 
Even though I walk through  the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. 
You prepare a table before mein the presence of my enemies. 
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows. Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment