Friday, April 3, 2020

Who are you...who am I....


Who are you....who am I ....

I recently watched a short video about a photographer who takes portraits adding them to the questions each person answers...

  1. I am....
  2. I regret....
  3. Before I die....

Each shows the uniqueness of the soul of the person photographed...these pictures were then added to the photographer’s art collection to be shown...

As believers, we are image bearers...

Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.” 
So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.
Genesis 1:26-27 

Being transformed...changed...

And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.
2 Corinthians 3:18

But I was intrigued by the questions...
When we introduce ourselves, we say, “ I am.....” giving our name, shaking a hand  ( or now distancing ourselves) so that the new person has a distinct name to call us...

“I regret...” enters a whole new realm...what do we regret in our lives, how can we rectify it...personal...not something we just tell everyone...

Finally, “before I die”...gives us pause to think of goals, dreams, aspirations from our heart of hearts...some lighthearted, others a sense of mission...

As a believer...who are we...Image bearers, children of the King, forgiven, beloved, cherished...known by name, known as we were knitted together in our mother’s womb...and so much more...

What are our regrets...we each may have something we have done or not done, something we carry as a burden, a weight that we need to hand over at the cross of the burden-bearer...

What do we want to do before we die....oh, this opens a huge door...each of us manifests the gifts God as bestowed upon us...how do we use them...what do we dream, strive for, enjoy, carry out for the kingdom?

Thank YOU for the I AM in my life, help me live a life free of regrets-forgiveness, show me the path You have designed that I might finish before I die...help me be transformed, bringing glory only to You...


No comments:

Post a Comment