Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Virtual hugs...

Virtual hugs....

I awoke from a dream this morning....I just remember patting some one on the arm for encouragement, giving them a slight hand squeeze to acknowledge their concern...and feeling guilty that I had touched them....

Social distancing has even affected my dreams with guilt!!! Now I even have to give virtual touch in my dreams!

What a phenomenon to have moved onto our personal and public life sooooo very quickly...
We read body language; hug to welcome, encourage, love, accept...
Shake hands to meet and greet, start and finish  a business deal, signal acknowledgment, honor one another...we even teach our dogs to shake paws...

Touch is part of our health, our wellbeing, even our wellness...our culture...other cultures even more so...

And virtual hugs...😞 and emojis ðŸ˜Š...but I have to say, I am thankful for that...
Image.png
How long will we be distrustful to touch after this pandemic has supposedly ended is anyone’s guess...my concern is that will affect us for years to come...it is now part of our history...we are living it...another chapter in our lives just as those who remember the World wars, the holocaust,  the depression, the assassinations and attempted assassinations of presidents and world leaders, 911...

But, if not touching is a ways to a mean, no more spread of a silent and invasive invisible enemy...then it is worth the sacrifice...

an old song, “He touched me” comes to mind...

Shackled by a heavy burden
'Neath a load of guilt and shame
Then the hand of Jesus touched me
And now I am no longer the same

[Chorus]
He touched me, oh He touched me
And oh the joy that floods my soul!
Something happened and now I know
He touched me and made me whole

[Verse 2]
Since I met this blessed Savior
Since He's cleansed and made me whole
Oh I will never cease to praise Him (to praise)
I'll shout it while eternity rolls

A different kind of touch, from the Savior...one we all need for eternal healing, that acceptance, that everlasting love...that salvation...

Jesus touched people as he walked this earth, held children, touched to the unclean, sat with crowds, walked the streets, ate with sinners, wept in sorrow, went to weddings...dwelt among us, his creation in his image...nailed to and died on a wooden cross amongst criminals...

But he did far more, he bore our sins, and the He arose, free from  the burden of those sins...to show us new life in Him...that resurrection power...what a touch....thank YOU...

Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; 26 and whoever lives by believing in me will never die. Do you believe this?” “Yes, Lord,” she replied, “I believe that you are the Messiah, the Son of God, who is to come into the world.”
John 11:25-27 

He told them, “This is what is written: The Messiah will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, 47 and repentance for the forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. 48 You are witnesses of these things. 49 I am going to send you what my Father has promised; but stay in the city until you have been clothed with power from on high.”
Luke 24:46-49 


No comments:

Post a Comment