Friday, November 8, 2019

Tears....

Tears....

“A Prayer For All Our Tears
Dear Jesus,
Today, I cry tears that mean a hundred things at once, happy and sorrowful and desperate and hopeful. I trust You to sort them out as You catch them, to hear and answer each prayer they represent.
I cry for those of us left behind, for the lonely ones with hollows in our hearts. I ask You to comfort us, give peace, restore hope, and lavish us with love, family, and belonging. In the depths of loss, meet us with Yourself.
I cry for the legacy this loved one leaves, for the ways the world has been made different by their presence, for the memories that become both more beautiful and more painful on this side of death. And I pray that the work You have accomplished in this remarkable life will grow deeper, wider, and stronger in the days to come, uninhibited by a weak opponent like death.
I cry for those who haven’t yet accepted Your invitation into eternal life, for those who grieve without hope today. I pray for awakening in their hearts, for a stirring that draws to You. I pray for more attendees at the grand reunion scheduled in the coming eternity.
I cry for all the ways the world has gone wrong, and for all the ways You’re making it right again. I ask that You make me part of Your work in bringing the kingdom of heavento earth.
I cry knowing You are here with me. And because You are here, even my tears have meaning.”

I read this prayer this morning, even before I opened my mail...it was among 6 in the above website article...

As I opened my mail, I found that another of my aunts had passed away after a long bout with Parkinson’s...bedridden for months, my cousins caring for her...tears for each ...she lived a long active life...

Life seems shorter and shorter as we age, watching others in our generation and the next up pass on...

There are days of rejoicing and days of tears...

a time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance,
Ecclesiastes 3:2,4 

I remember reading the psalms as my husband lay dying...I sat there beside his bed each night, reading and sobbing loss, fear, why, pain(emotional and physical), anger....tears, tears, and more tears...I cry now thinking of those times...

I cry with joy when God overwhelms me with a new lesson, a new site, a new revealing of himself...how could he care so much....

A person’s days are determined; you have decreed the number of his months and have set limits he cannot exceed.
Job 14:5 

Teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom.
Psalm 90:12 

Thank YOU for tears... even the hard ones...we learn so much...

No comments:

Post a Comment