Saturday, November 30, 2019

Tearing down...building up...

Tearing down....building up...

When I was Israel this past spring, we saw layers upon layers of civilizations. The tour guide would point out this group of people’s buildings, topped by another at the many of the archeological digging sites....canaanites, Byzantine, the Crusades, the Israelites, the Muslim, etc...they each had their own style, but were massive, slave built cities...mosaics, huge columns, unique bath houses, marble, granite, stones that weighed tons...

We viewed buildings and walls that were made from stones which showed different carvings, signifying that they reused other previous cultures’ stones in their building programs...

When I was reading Matthew 24, I was reminded of this tour again...

“Jesus left the temple and was walking away when his disciples came up to him to call his attention to its buildings. 2 “Do you see all these things?” he asked. “Truly I tell you, not one stone here will be left on another; every one will be thrown down.””
Matthew 24:1-2

Matthew goes on to tell of the end times to his disciples...but, I could not help but think of those stones being thrown down...destruction again and again...over the centuries since he spoke...to modern times as new buildings are being built on top of the older...even while digging is going on below the surface and underneath present structures...digging to find Biblical towns...

I don't know about you, but I am constantly being renewed/rebuilt, that day by day transformation....reusing some of the old, digging out the past, building new into my life...through the Word...the Holy Spirit... cleaning out my life...re-examining...

Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day.
2 Corinthians 4:16 

I know Jesus was speaking of the end times...but, He is speaking to me as well...watching, waiting, being faithful in the plans He has made for me, being found ready...at the end...whenever that will be...



Matthew 24 is well worth the read...as we enter this Christmas season...what needs watching...how can I be faithful...how can my heart be ready...

Thank YOU....You came, You lived among us...You renew...You rebuild...You save...


Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment