Tuesday, October 22, 2019

The power of a song....

The power of a song...


This song will make you cry...guaranteed....especially for those who have lost someone in their lives...listen to the words...they are moving, healing...intro perspective...

We believers in eternal life gifted by God through faith in the Son...know that eternity awaits as we travel this short journey here on this earth...but losing someone, family, friends breaks our hearts even though we know their end here...their beginnings in heaven...

We still feel those loved ones at moments that are a surprise...an ambush...or just quiet or noisy times...times of huge decisions...or little heartfelt pieces of time...we love them even though they are not present...we may even get mad at them for not being there to share...or smile when we know they would miss sometime of value...

I think that when I watch our grandchildren who miss their grandfather or maybe never even know him...or events that I know he would relish, decisions I wish he were in on...friends whom would love to speak to him...

Or my parents or grandparents whom have all passed on...things with whom to share or see...I find myself thinking...”oh____ would love this”...wanting to share a special moment, place or thought...but, they aren’t here to do it...so I tell my Father instead...if he relays the message, I don’t know...

The psalm writers wrote so many songs...I find myself drawn to them in times of despair, defeat, joy...their power speaks to my soul...their praise lifts my heart...

Thank YOU....

A person finds joy in giving an apt reply — and how good is a timely word!
Proverbs 15:23 


Praise the Lord. 
Praise God in his sanctuary; praise him in his mighty heavens. 
Praise him for his acts of power; 
praise him for his surpassing greatness. Praise him with the sounding of the trumpet, 
praise him with the harp and lyre, 
praise him with timbrel and dancing, praise him with the strings and pipe, 
praise him with the clash of cymbals, praise him with resounding cymbals. 
Let everything that has breath praise the Lord. Praise the Lord .
Psalm 150:1-6

No comments:

Post a Comment