Monday, October 28, 2019

Memories...

Memories....

My devotional challenged, “memories are all we have in the end...write out some cherished ones you have with the people you love most...save them ...(“Mornings with Jesus”).

For the last few years I have written blogs about grief, my family, life, what God is teaching me...over 1500 of them according to the counter...I find that hard to believe...did I really have that much to say, when I am usually the quietest one in a group...but found this way as my way of speaking...

The blogs have laid out lessons of thanksgiving, despair, struggles, growing ...they have shared minute memories, ambushes in grief, daily lessons that God has shown me through various means and reminders...plus so very much more...

Some blogs have led to  published book on my journey through grief...which many have found comforting...and which I am so blessed in being a tool in others’ healing and life...it moves me to tears that God has used me as a tool in helping others...vulnerability and opening up is hard...obedience is hard...

And now with both parents gone, husband gone as well, no siblings, children grown or hitting midlife, oldest grandchildren starting college, young grandchildren who have never met their grandfather there are memories which only I have...Christmases long ago, growing up, young marriage, young parents, young children...memories which only I possess...precious precious ones...first smiles, giggles, first tooth, first steps...those firsts...

Those lessons which we learned...those promises we made...those things we experienced ...I thank God for each one, written or unwritten...
I think of the verse where John says ...

Jesus did many other things as well. If every one of them were written down, I suppose that even the whole world would not have room for the books that would be written.
John 21:25 

We each have a written story which is not as long as Jesus’, it is long as well...some regretful, some  joyous, some just everyday living...it is ours...the paths we have taken, the trials we have faced, the rejoicing, the tears...

Thank YOU for your loving hand, heart in our lives... 

I will give thanks to you, Lord, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonderful deeds. I will be glad and rejoice in you; I will sing the praises of your name, O Most High.
Psalm 9:1-2 

And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.
Colossians 3:17 


No comments:

Post a Comment