Monday, October 7, 2019

Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV)....

Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV)......


Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV) is one of the most common causes of vertigo — the sudden sensation that you're spinning or that the inside of your head is spinning.

I awoke with this yesterday in a strange hotel, new town a continent away from home...fortunately, no, by God’s Grace, I had a familiar friend trained in caregiving,....receiving and giving...with me...

I couldn’t walk, but crawled to bathroom as the world spun wildly about me. She even had to feed me bite after bite...finally an ambulance was summoned...and I had my first ride in one...taken to Massachusetts General hospital where for 4 hours I was examined, poked, diagnosed, while spinning away...a physical therapist finally kept turning my head this way and that until the tiny crystals made their delicate landing on their designated spot. Voila, the room stopped spinning....so tired and a little light headed we were able to return to hotel and rest...

This was not in my plan, needless to say...but, apparently in God’s...my “pride” check for day..I will call it...not sure in the grand scheme of things what He called it...technically speaking it was an “easy fix”...not like when my husband was kept in hospital for stage 4 terminal brain cancer...and too soon succumbed to that dreaded disease...

I “pride” myself in keeping active, attempting to eat healthy, exercise daily...but ultimately God is in control...as he has been since the beginning of time and before that...thank YOU...

Then, of course, the following article appeared this morning, reminding me further of my lesson yesterday...

But I trust in you, Lord; I say, “You are my God.” My times are in your hands; deliver me from the hands of my enemies, from those who pursue me. Let your face shine on your servant; save me in your unfailing love.
Psalm 31:14-16


No comments:

Post a Comment