Friday, November 2, 2018

My playlist....

My playlist....

This morning I was walking I place in my room here in Medellin, listening to my music on my iPhone. I haven't listened to it for so long...
Out my door/window the mountain raises up and up with high rise apartment buildings going up the mountain as well. I am on the 12th  story of a 21 story building. The buildings around me are taller and some shorter...quite a difference from my little one story house in a small town...
Anyway, back to my play list ...each of the songs I have downloaded have a story in my life...when, where and why it is saved...

First, "Thank you for giving to the Lord", a favorite of my husband, we bothe liked it, Especially him and we had some one song it at his funeral.

"Blessings", I heard it for the first time driving from my home to our temporary apartment when my husband was ill. I had to pull over to the side of the road, listen and cry...

"Word of God speak ", my last solo song before I had to stop singing because of esophagitis...

"Tennessee Waltz" down loaded for my father as he was dying...he really liked that song as well as others....

"Jesus loves me", the first song I sang with my mother before church, when I was 4 years old...

"Wind beneath my wings", a song one of my daughters played for me for a birthday present when she was in junior high ...

Etc...etc...etc...

I suspect each person reading this has special songs which touch your heart in some way...bringing back good or maybe bad memories...ones that we don't want to hear, or can't  erase because they bring back a moment in time...they touch our souls in a very deep way...thank YOU for music to sooth our souls, to touch us...

You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance.
Psalm 32:7

The whole earth is filled with awe at your wonders; where morning dawns, where evening fades, you call forth songs of joy.
Psalm 65:8

The meadows are covered with flocks and the valleys are mantled with grain; they shout for joy and sing. Sing the glory of his name; make his praise glorious.
Psalm 65:13,66:1

Those who sow with tears will reap with songs of joy.
Psalm 126:5

speaking to one another with psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit. Sing and make music from your heart to the Lord,
Ephesians 5:19

No comments:

Post a Comment