Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Ducks in a puddle..

Ducks in a puddle...

I work out at a local YMCA.  The area that is my favorite workout spot is called "the river".  It has flowing water in a circuitous curvy trail.  So you can go with the flow or turn around and work against the current, getting a good time of low impact exercise.

Yesterday, I just had to chuckle as several of us got bunched (puddled up) up in one area as we caught up with slower ones.  I just imagined a "bird's eye view" of this congestion, a whole group of ducks at a carnival in the kiddie pool all pooled together or the local fund raiser of "duck races" on the river...each floating duck trying to make it way to the front, pushing its way to win...( we weren't quite that bad), but we had to untangle, sorting out our speeds...then Everything went smoothly again...there is an agreed upon etiquette   to this "stream"...

We can rudely push and shove or bide our time and take turns to get in the line again...sorting out the unspoken plan...letting the slower ones be slow and the faster ones move along at their pace...

We can demand our way or show kindness, patience and some "long suffering"...we have those choices everyday in soooo many instances...this is just a minuscule event...practice for bigger events..

But, what is the Spirit saying to our hearts and minds...am I listening or pushing and shoving my way through the crowd or demanding my way..am I showing those fruits of the Spirit? Or showing my baser side with anger, grumbling?

This time, I chose rightly, finding the humor and picture...but how about other times?..oh dear...help me shine Your light brightly...thank YOU

Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts.
Colossians 3:16

You gave me life and showed me kindness, and in your providence watched over my spirit.
Job 10:12

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit.
Galatians 5:22-25

Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.
Ephesians 4:32

No comments:

Post a Comment