Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Then they will know that I am the Lord their God...

Then they will know that I am the Lord their God....

I am reading through the prophets in the Old Testament,....lots of woes...lots of judgements....lots of bloodshed...lots of prophecy...lots of gore for this "G" rated book reader and movie watcher...l like more "and they lived happily ever after"  stuff...even if I live in a world where that realistically doesn't happen... And is happening less and less with faster and faster communications ...

We live in a dying world filled with sin...defined or relative...there is bad out there and it affects us all whether we acknowledge it or not ...as time goes by we are not getting better as some would argue...

There has been kindness and goodness since the beginning as well as evil, when Satan entered with his pride of life and desires...God is all that is good and down through the ages the battles have come and gone...we really haven't changed through time..."for all have sinned" and all need a savior no matter the century in which we live...

The phrase "then they will know that I am the Lord" or similar is repeated over and over in the prophets of old...in the New Testament I find,
It is written: “‘As surely as I live,’ says the Lord, ‘every knee will bow before me; every tongue will acknowledge God.’” So then, each of us will give an account of ourselves to God.
Romans 14:11-12

I am not a Biblical scholar...but they sound very similar...we will acknowledge God...and I do....thank YOU...You are same yesterday, today and tomorrow ...eternal ...never changing...

Then they will know that I am the Lord their God, for though I sent them into exile among the nations, I will gather them to their own land, not leaving any behind. I will no longer hide my face from them, for I will pour out my Spirit on the people of Israel, declares the Sovereign Lord. ”
Ezekiel 39:28-29

1 comment: