Saturday, September 29, 2018

Malachi...

Malachi ....

Malachi=my messenger....

Today I finished the Old Testament  with Malachi ....I have read it many times over the years...the part that has been preached on is Malachi 3 about giving...which my husband and family took to heart .

“I the Lord do not change. So you, the descendants of Jacob, are not destroyed. Ever since the time of your ancestors you have turned away from my decrees and have not kept them.
Return to me, and I will return to you,” says the Lord Almighty. “But you ask, ‘How are we to return?’ “Will a mere mortal rob God? Yet you rob me.
"But you ask, ‘How are we robbing you?’ “In tithes and offerings. You are under a curse —your whole nation—because you are robbing me.
Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house.
Test me in this,” says the Lord Almighty, “and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it.
I will prevent pests from devouring your crops, and the vines in your fields will not drop their fruit before it is ripe, ” says the Lord Almighty.
"Then all the nations will call you blessed, for yours will be a delightful land,” says the Lord Almighty.
Malachi 3:6-12

We have been so blessed because of this teaching of giving...and my husband's gift of giving...it is hard to even fathom ...

But, as I read this last book before starting in the New Testament, the words that stood out boldly were "my name"...

My name will be great among the nations, from where the sun rises to where it sets. In every place incense and pure offerings will be brought to me, because my name will be great among the nations,” says the Lord Almighty.

“Cursed is the cheat who has an acceptable male in his flock and vows to give it, but then sacrifices a blemished animal to the Lord. For I am a great king, ” says the Lord Almighty, “and my name is to be feared among the nations.

If you do not listen, and if you do not resolve to honor my name,” says the Lord Almighty, “I will send a curse on you, and I will curse your blessings. Yes, I have already cursed them, because you have not resolved to honor me.

"My covenant was with him, a covenant of life and peace, and I gave them to him; this called for reverence and he revered me and stood in awe of my name.

But for you who revere my name, the sun of righteousness will rise with healing in its rays. And you will go out and frolic like well-fed calves.
Malachi 1:11,14,2:2,5,4:2

- my name will be great among the nations
- My name will be feared among th nations
- Honor my name
- Stood in awe of my name
- Revere my name

Awwwe, ahhh a few well chosen words that pack quite a punch to the heart, soul and minds of people...what do I do with the name of God...the way we think on, treat this Holy name...shows our heart...thank YOU for YOU...help me to moment by moment be mindful of of your greatness, your reverence, your honor, your infinite awesomeness, YOU...

No comments:

Post a Comment