Thursday, September 6, 2018

Waiting 101....

Waiting 101....

There are some days that I feel like i am in back in preschool-no waiting, no patience...I want to surge ahead doing my own thing, without filters, with time limits, crying to get my own way as fast as I possibly  can...there, the truth...about my spirituality, my lack of patience at times...

Waiting for medical results, papers to sign with a deadline, a plane, doctors to come, a microwave to heat water, people to grow up, a debt to be paid....you name it, a cazillion things or events to wait for...some pretty petty and others, life shattering or changing...

Noah building a boat for rain he had never seen, Joseph in prison for crimes he didn't commit, David on the run for another's hatred, a nation under bondage, Jesus loving us so much to die for our sins not wanting any to perish ....these all make my waiting look small and unimportant...but, I still have to lay that  anxiousness down...and lean not on my understanding and be still...give up the tenseness I feel my body holding on to, think of other things instead of OCDing on the same idea over and over again ...oh, my...

Love is described as patient...God is patient.....and I am to be growing in that trait...as I am being transformed into His image...I have such a long way to go...thank YOU for being there for me...

He waited seven more days and again sent out the dove from the ark. He waited seven more days and sent the dove out again, but this time it did not return to him.
Genesis 8:10,12

Moses answered them, “Wait until I find out what the Lord commands concerning you.”
Numbers 9:8

Gideon replied, “If now I have found favor in your eyes, give me a sign that it is really you talking to me. Please do not go away until I come back and bring my offering and set it before you.” And the Lord said, “I will wait until you return.”
Judges 6:17-18

Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord .
Psalm 27:14

We wait in hope for the Lord; he is our help and our shield. In him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in his holy name. May your unfailing love be with us, Lord, even as we put our hope in you.
Psalm 33:20-22

Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him; do not fret when people succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes. Refrain from anger and turn from wrath; do not fret —it leads only to evil.
Psalm 37:7-8

Whoever is patient has great understanding, but one who is quick-tempered displays folly.
Proverbs 14:29

But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently.
Romans 8:25

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
1 Corinthians 13:4-7

The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.
2 Peter 3:9

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit.
Galatians 5:22-25

No comments:

Post a Comment