Thursday, May 3, 2018

Words of praise....

Words of praise...

I am reading through the Scriptures chronologically...so back and forth from history to songs, prophets...to fit the times together ...

In the past when I have read through the Bible, I have read straight through from front to back...so this is fun and enlightening to see how it fits together ...
But, no matter how I do it, God speaks...words of praise, admonishment, teaching...words I need to heed...use in speaking to others as well as praise for what He has done...

Thank YOU...

Set a guard, O LORD, over my mouth; keep watch over the door of my lips. PSALM 141: 3 NKJV

Set a guard, O Lord, over my mouth; Keep watch over the door of my lips [to keep me from speaking thoughtlessly].
Let the righteous [thoughtfully] strike (correct) me—it is a kindness [done to encourage my spiritual maturity]. It is [the choicest anointing] oil on the head; Let my head not refuse [to accept and acknowledge and learn from] it; For still my prayer is against their wicked deeds.
Psalm 141:3,5

The wise in heart are called discerning, and gracious words promote instruction. The hearts of the wise make their mouths prudent, and their lips promote instruction.
Proverbs 16:21,23

Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones. PROVERBS 16: 24

Words from the mouth of the wise are gracious, but fools are consumed by their own lips.
Ecclesiastes 10:12

Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever. ....
Let them give thanks to the Lord for his unfailing love and his wonderful deeds for mankind, for he satisfies the thirsty and fills the hungry with good things.  ....
Let them give thanks to the Lord for his unfailing love and his wonderful deeds for mankind, for he breaks down gates of bronze and cuts through bars of iron. ....
Let them give thanks to the Lord for his unfailing love and his wonderful deeds for mankind. Let them sacrifice thank offerings and tell of his works with songs of joy. ....
Let them give thanks to the Lord for his unfailing love and his wonderful deeds for mankind. Let them exalt him in the assembly of the people and praise him in the council of the elders. .....
Let the one who is wise heed these things and ponder the loving deeds of the Lord.
Psalm 107:1,8-9,15-16,21-22,31-32,43

No comments:

Post a Comment