Monday, January 22, 2018

You're my best friend...

You're my best friend .....

I went to a funeral this weekend...the husband passed away suddenly..have know them off and on since 1978 when we both moved to the same town...he was the within months of my age...

The church was packed even the hallways to standing room only....a tribute to the friends and acquaintances he made through the years, the Christian witness he was to family, colleagues alike...he walked his talk...

His wife shared  his daily prayer...it is worthy of further sharing...

"Today, Lord Jesus I will follow you. I am presenting myself to You as your servant. I will obey You. I will do whatever You ask no matter how hard or difficult it might be. I do not belong to me, I belong to You. You have bought me with you blood. You are the Lord and King of my life today. Today I will read your Word. Today I will be devoted to prayer. Today I will love my wife the way Christ loves the church. Today I will be the kind of father to my children and grandchildren that You are to me.

Today I will do my part to build Your church at ....and around the world. Today I will take every thought captive to the obedience of Christ. Today I will rejoice about everything and grumble about nothing. Today I will love every person you sovereignly bring into my life, no matter how hard they may be to love. Today I will live my life as if it is the last before I stand before you at the judgment seat of Christ and am rewarded for the life that I have lived before You..I can't keep these commitments in my strength. Please give me strength to keep these commitments that I believe are your will for my life...fill me with your Holy Spirit .  I trust You that You will do according to the promise in Your Word. I am greatly lacking in wisdom and need your wisdom to live my life for You. Please give me You wisdom today, more than you gave Solomon so that I will know what to say and do in every situation so that I might glorify You  with my life...I love you, Lord...." Kent McAdoo

The service was a testimony to,his following through with his prayer...it gloried God at every turn...

It ended with this personal favorite song he played for his wife, regularly...


"You're my best friend....Don Williams
You placed gold on my finger you brought love like I've never known
You gave life to our children and to me a reason to go on
You're my bread when I'm hungry you're my shelter from troubled winds
You're my anchor in life's ocean but most of all you're my best friend

When I need hope and inspiration you're always strong when I'm tired and weak
I could (search this whole world over you'd still be everything that I need)
You're my bread (when I'm hungry you're my shelter from troubled winds
You're my anchor in life's ocean but most of all you're my best friend)
You're my bread (when I'm hungry you're my shelter from troubled winds
You're my anchor in life's ocean) but most of all you're my best friend"

(Can be heard on YouTube)...

He had two very personal friends, Jesus and his wife...commitments to each...

23 “His master replied, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master’s happiness!’
Matthew 25:23

33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.
Matthew 6:33

No comments:

Post a Comment