Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Family photos...

Family photos...

We have had hundreds of family photos over the years, some sedate, some fun...some needed...some very memorable, some I wish I could forget...

But, all in all I am very glad we had them taken...they create a calendar of our lives, the growth, the smiles, the awkwardness of youth, then cuteness, the "ahhhs", the history, family....they also show the firsts and lasts, the beginnings and the ends....changes...

I have bins and bins of family albums from my grandparents, parents, our lives....there are also hundreds stored on the computer in albums as well...
I keep thinking I need to get rid of some, but then I look at them and can't let go, I might need them for some project down the road...and I have used them several times....but, I want to hold on to those treasures, those memories...so I hold on to the bins, filled with memories...

Some of those pictures in time have changed within days and weeks with changes in lives...with changes in family members...

Christmas time is a great time to take family pictures as well as graduation, births, birthdays...any family gathering is a good excuse to add to the collection...

I so appreciate getting family pictures with Christmas cards. I love to see the smiles of the people posing there...I love watching the little ones grow from year to year...but, with many, there are missing ones, which is hard....a reminder of lives changed, sorrows, but a homegoing as well....

Thank YOU, that you allowed the technology of picture taking...from caves in the desert, we see it in the paintings of the past, the sedate first photos, the negatives and old photos found in attics,  museums, and our own garages of bins...

We see it in the words of Your Word...your descriptions of the world in the beginning, over time and what is to come...Your pictures for us...that no can destroy...not in human bins of picture memories...

You have given us life with all of its seasons and changes, thank YOU...

Teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom.
Psalm 90:12

Give praise to the Lord, proclaim his name; make known among the nations what he has done. Sing to him, sing praise to him; tell of all his wonderful acts.
Glory in his holy name; let the hearts of those who seek the Lord rejoice. Look to the Lord and his strength; seek his face always.
Remember the wonders he has done, his miracles, and the judgments he pronounced,
1 Chronicles 16:8-12

On my bed I remember you; I think of you through the watches of the night. Because you are my help, I sing in the shadow of your wings.
I cling to you; your right hand upholds me.
Psalm 63:6-8



"Dear Jesus, My deepest desire is to trust You with my whole being, but trusting does not come easily to me. I have, however, become more open to accepting adversity as a gift from You. Sometimes I just want relief from my difficulties. At other times I am able to receive them as blessings. Help me to allow my problems to train me in trusting You.

BELOVED, IT HELPS TO HAVE AN ETERNAL PERSPECTIVE. If your life on earth were all there is, it might be reasonable to run from adversity and seek a life of pleasure. However, your earthly lifespan is minuscule, compared with the Glory that awaits you in heaven. A large part of learning to trust Me is viewing your life through this big-picture perspective." dear Jesus by Sarah Young

No comments:

Post a Comment