Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Plain brown....

Plain brown.....

One of my favorite  colors is brown...not all the time and not too much...but is is warm and inviting, comfortable...less a stark than black warmer than gray ...each color has its place and complementary colors...

But, I realized I was reverting to brown lately...a lot...which means I need to watch my moods and add color, blues, corals, yellows, greens ...to enhance my moods and thinking....not fall back into plain brown...

Our little city park a block from me was undergone several repairs in the few years I have been here.  For whatever reason, the rock work around columns have been an inviting thing to destroy. The park people have repaired the vandalism several times and finally took all the rocks off and  painted  the columns plain brown...no interesting texture, no nice stones...plain brown ....

So this morning, I took my camera with me when I walked, a habit I had abandoned...to find and focus on finding God's handprint for me today ...not just the plain brown I was floundering in...

He is so faithful...everything was a fingerprint, a creation spoken by Him...the new flowers, the sparkling sunshine on the lawns, the birds singing...the colors of the sunrise, the freshness of the air after a small rain....

Thank YOU for Your faithfulness,  your care, your love, your encouragement from the plain brown to the  wonder ....

Psalm 85:10-13 Love and faithfulness meet together;righteousness and peace kiss each other.
 Faithfulness springs forth from the earth,and righteousness looks down from heaven. 
The Lord will indeed give what is good,and our land will yield its harvest. Righteousness goes before himand prepares the way for his steps. 

Psalm 8:1-9 Lord, our Lord,how majestic is your name in all the earth!You have set your gloryin the heavens. 
Through the praise of children and infantsyou have established a stronghold against your enemies,to silence the foe and the avenger. 
When I consider your heavens,the work of your fingers,the moon and the stars,which you have set in place, what is mankind that you are mindful of them,human beings that you care for them? 
You have made them a little lower than the angelsand crowned them with glory and honor. 
You made them rulers over the works of your hands;you put everything under their feet: all flocks and herds,and the animals of the wild, the birds in the sky,and the fish in the sea,all that swim the paths of the seas. 
Lord, our Lord,how majestic is your name in all the earth! 

No comments:

Post a Comment