Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Light in darkness ....

Light in darkness....

John 8:12 When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”

John 12:26, 28, 35-36, 46 Whoever serves me must follow me; and where I am, my servant also will be.
My Father will honor the one who serves me. Father, glorify your name!” Then a voice came from heaven, “I have glorified it, and will glorify it again.” Then Jesus told them, “You are going to have the light just a little while longer.
Walk while you have the light, before darkness overtakes you.
Whoever walks in the dark does not know where they are going. Believe in the light while you have the light, so that you may become children of light.” When he had finished speaking, Jesus left and hid himself from them.
I have come into the world as a light, so that no one who believes in me should stay in darkness.

For suggested summer reading, I am reading a book by Christine Caine, "undaunted", about human trafficking, not my usual genre, but oh so enlightening... As well as looking into ministries which work with persecuted Christians around the world...then another friend has felt the call to visit brothels giving light in Jesus' name...all bringing light to dark places...in a crazy darkening world...

It reminded me so much of standing in Western Asia amongst tombs of Muslim leaders. We weren't to speak of Jesus. But, He was so evidenced in the people I was with...the tour guide even spoke of visiting the Christian church should he even have the opportunity....the light shone through the darkness which prevailed in the tombs, streaks of light beaming all around us, a reminder that Christ is the light and He shines everywhere ....

Thank YOU...that no matter where the darkness, Your light shines through for those who believe...there is hope in the darkness...


Scarlet cord ministry
house of the rising sun ministry
A21 ministry
Soroptimst Bra project

Etc. etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment