Friday, February 5, 2016

Weather...

Weather...

Yesterday I flew from the Oregon to Tampa, Florida ...starting with icy roads to get to airport ( I slide through one intersection), leaving behind my down coat..arrived in Salt Lake city in a snow storm...then on Atlanta in beautiful sunshine ....final destination in pouring rain...but 30 degrees warmer than starting airport...

My husband, as a teenager, went with his parents to visit his older brother in Southern California. He told us that they excitedly packed their swimsuits, in anticipation of a California pool or the beach...upon arrival the pool was empty and the beach was COLD and windy...

weather...and our expectations ...now we can check hourly on weather via the Internet with Doppler pictures and forecast...we check on road conditions for our destinations or trip routes...and it is great to know what to expect and plan accordingly...

The Bible talks about weather in a variety of ways, with Noah, Moses,
Elijah...even Jesus...  the clouds that one, the weather changes, the blessings of it or the lack of rain...and what we associate with good or bad weather...or the seasons

Thank YOU for blessings of what You have given us, the variety...Help me to be  a blessing , not to "rain" on someone's parade or joy, but bring showers of Your blessings.....

Leviticus 26:3-6, 14-15, 18-20 If you walk in My statutes and keep My commandments and obediently do them, then I will give you rain in its season, and the land will yield her produce and the trees of the field bear their fruit. And your threshing season will last until grape gathering and the grape gathering time will last until planting, and you will eat your bread and be filled and live securely in your land. I will also grant peace in the land, so that you may lie down and there will be no one to make you afraid. I will also eliminate harmful animals from the land, and no sword will pass through your land.
 ‘But if you do not obey Me and do not obediently do all these commandments, if, instead, you reject My statutes, and if your soul rejects My ordinances, so that you will not obediently do all My commandments, and in this way break My covenant, 
If in spite of all this you still will not listen to Me and be obedient, then I will punish you seven times more for your sins. I will break your pride in your power, and I will make your sky like iron giving no rain and blocking all prayers and your ground like bronze hard to plow and yielding no produce. Your strength will be spent uselessly, for your land will not yield its produce and the trees of the land will not yield their fruit. 

Matthew 16:2-3 But He replied to them, “When it is evening, you say, ‘It will be fair weather, for the sky is red.’ 
And in the morning, ‘It will be stormy today, for the sky is red and has a threatening look.’ You know how to interpret the appearance of the sky, but cannot interpret the signs of the times? 

No comments:

Post a Comment